Using the AX8 can I control the AMP 'drive' with a pedal or switch?

Yes.

• RIght click on the Input Drive
• For Source, select Control Switch 1
• Set your desired Min and Max values
• Set Damping if you want it to slowly ramp to the new value
• Close that window

Now set one of your Footswitches to Control Switch 1.

The great thing is that if you want more than one parameter to change at the same time, you can assign them to the same Control Switch, even if it's in an entirely different block. For example, I have a CS that controls amp drive, but at the same time I have it control the gain parameters for a filter block that act as a PEQ when the amp is gained up.

Another advantage of Control Switches is that they are completely seamless because they aren't changing the Preset, Amp X/Y or Scene... no audio gap AAAAAND they can smoothly "morph" between two sets of parameters.

Hi Benvigil, I got that working :)
I noticed when looking at the parameter in the AX8 or AX8 edit the control moves but not the number, is this normal?

Thanks

I noticed when looking at the parameter in the AX8 or AX8 edit the control moves but not the number, is this normal?

Thanks

It's normal when using an expression pedal for this, so I assume the same for control switch. Eric

I think it's simply because the number represents the value stored in the preset itself, whereas the knob value represents the "current" actual value.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom