Using Switch pedal to inc/dec presets?

Tplesko

Inspired
Hi, I remember using a Boss FS6 (simply up/down pedal) for Volume adjustments on the fly - i used live a bit if I could sense me vols were low or high I could increment/decrement by a Db. I plugged it into Pedals 3 and 4 and it was easy to program.

I'd like to do something similar but to increment and decrement Patch #s - any idea how to do this using TS or TRS?

I'll explain why - I am using the Axe III with an FCB1010 and Uno chip. I have it the way I want but the limitation is that I can only access 19 presets with the FCB1010. I need to access more and can still use the FCB1010 in a higher patch I just need to be clever with the scenes.

If I can resolve this last issue I am there and will be content to wait for the FC6/12.

Any ideas on how to increment/decrement presets without using 5 pin midi and by using a TS or TRS cable??

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I remember using a Boss FS6 (simply up/down pedal) for Volume adjustments on the fly - i used live a bit if I could sense me vols were low or high I could increment/decrement by a Db. I plugged it into Pedals 3 and 4 and it was easy to program.

I'd like to do something similar but to increment and decrement Patch #s - any idea how to do this using TS or TRS?

I'll explain why - I am using the Axe III with an FCB1010 and Uno chip. I have it the way I want but the limitation is that I can only access 19 presets with the FCB1010. I need to access more and can still use the FCB1010 in a higher patch I just need to be clever with the scenes.

If I can resolve this last issue I am there and will be content to wait for the FC6/12.

Any ideas on how to increment/decrement presets without using 5 pin midi and by using a TS or TRS cable??

Thanks in advance!
Not in front of my Axe Fx right now, but check in the midi menu if Preset Increment and Decrement can be assigned to Switch 1/2.

If so, you should be able to use your switch to do that.

You can assign midi cc to this.
In the setup page, "other" menu.
Yes, I see you can assign midi CC for increment and decrement but I don’t see how to do it using a TS or TRS cable into an expression pedal jack. Do you know a way?

Not in front of my Axe Fx right now, but check in the midi menu if Preset Increment and Decrement can be assigned to Switch 1/2.

If so, you should be able to use your switch to do that.
It can’t,,,,it can for volume increment and decrement but not for present increment/decrement, the only way I see for preset change is for an actual CC message from a midi controller and not from a switched controlled like something plugging into pedal 2.

It can’t,,,,it can for volume increment and decrement but not for present increment/decrement, the only way I see for preset change is for an actual CC message from a midi controller and not from a switched controlled like something plugging into pedal 2.
Ah, too bad. I think you're out of luck...

I use two boss piano pedals plugged into footswitch 1 and 2 and use it to switch between scenes (up/dn). I'm pretty sure I was able to switch patches the same way during setup, but chose scenes instead of presets. I'll check if this is what you're looking for.

edit: pg 45 of the manual describes this.

Last edited:
I use two boss piano pedals plugged into footswitch 1 and 2 and use it to switch between scenes (up/dn). I'm pretty sure I was able to switch patches the same way during setup, but chose scenes instead of presets. I'll check if this is what you're looking for.

edit: pg 45 of the manual describes this.
Yes, again it works for scenes but I don’t see how to do it for presets. Page 45 of manual only covers scenes and channels, but not presets. Thx.

Here’s a link to,a past post. JasonDecree bass was instrumental in me getting the fcb1010 set up. I can move up/down presets, 5 scenes, vol & wah. Works fabulously and using it live in a seamless fashion.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...t-controller-for-the-iii.141141/#post-1697674
Unfortunately, he's got the UnO chip - my expertise ends once there's an aftermarket chip installed. I have the UnO chip, but haven't felt the need to install it especially once I started learning about the pre-determined control scheme. I like things like the momentary switching and ability to show the states of multiple LEDs at once, but I'd rather be able to fully customize every pedal on a given bank so yeah, I can have three pedals for presets, 4 pedals to toggle between all 8 scenes, tap tempo, a couple individual effects, tuner, etc. I might honestly get another FCB1010 and install the UnO or EPROM just to learn them - who knows? Maybe I am missing out :)

This was big disappointment for me with the III,that the rear expression pedal (1 + 2) you are no longer able to inc/dec presets as you could in the II.

I use to use a Boss pedal (FS-6U) and a TRS cable with the II and I was good to go.

Yes, I know you can do scenes, but I can already do that with my Morningstar MC-6 via MIDI. Being able to inc/dec presets would make life without the FC much more tolerable.

Would be nice if this feature came back. Maybe this is a wishlist item for a firmware update...?

This was big disappointment for me with the III,that the rear expression pedal (1 + 2) you are no longer able to inc/dec presets as you could in the II.

I use to use a Boss pedal (FS-6U) and a TRS cable with the II and I was good to go.

Yes, I know you can do scenes, but I can already do that with my Morningstar MC-6 via MIDI. Being able to inc/dec presets would make life without the FC much more tolerable.

Would be nice if this feature came back. Maybe this is a wishlist item for a firmware update...?
Yep, that is my exact issue and agree with you......

I know this thread is a bit long in the tooth.. I'm trying to use a Boss FS-7 to change scenes with an expression in and it's a freaky mess. Midi/Remote/Other sees it and connects it, but no matter how I connect it (what kind of cable, momentary/latch, invert polarity) it does this - https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZJnOy0Zd1mLAMG17nuaNHJxgPRzkhRiM0JV Can anyone tell me what I need to make scene change inc happen? Thanks much btw, I have no FC, this is straight into the Axe Fx III.

In Setup: I/O: Pedal set the pedal type to latching or momentary. (Match the style you selected on the FS-7 itself.)
I was trying so hard to ensure I got the connection right, I never looked back at the pedal options again. Very much appreciated, sir!

Back
Top Bottom