Using switch # 6 for X/Y?

spikey

Experienced
Can someone show me a link for setting up one switch (#6) on my MFC-101 for X/Y'ing stuff please?

Or a step by step? I have MFC Edit but can't figure this one out.

Yea I know... :grey: Thanks a lot! :D

Amps, cabs, effects, wives, etc etc... You know... Stuff
:eagerness:

I want a switch on my MFC-101 to allow an X/Y toggle. How do I do this please?

I believe you are limited to what is assignable to the controller IAs.

On the MFC, ....hit Edit, Midi and page 7x ......this will get you to the IA page. Hit the up/down buttons to get you to the IA you want to assign then hit the page button 1x and again choose the effect/parameter you want. You'll find Amp X/Y, Cab X/Y as well as other effects in that option.

As far as I know you can't have an IA function as a "Wild Card" or "Jack pot" and assign separate effects to the same IA for different presets.

It would be nice to have this option though.

It's quite simple. There are designated commands for "Drive 1 X/Y", "Delay 2 X/Y" etc.
Can you not find these?

The various x/y have a CC# assigned to them. You can set a number of them to the same CC# and then set up a wildcard to change that CC#. Of course, that will mean they will all change at the same time...

I believe you are limited to what is assignable to the controller IAs.

On the MFC, ....hit Edit, Midi and page 7x ......this will get you to the IA page. Hit the up/down buttons to get you to the IA you want to assign then hit the page button 1x and again choose the effect/parameter you want. You'll find Amp X/Y, Cab X/Y as well as other effects in that option.

As far as I know you can't have an IA function as a "Wild Card" or "Jack pot" and assign separate effects to the same IA for different presets.

It would be nice to have this option though.

Thats what I was looking for- Thanks! Now I can mess with it and see its limitations.

It's quite simple. There are designated commands for "Drive 1 X/Y", "Delay 2 X/Y" etc.
Can you not find these?

Well it would have been quite a waste of time for me and you if I had and then asked, wouldn't it? ;)

Back
Top Bottom