Using stereo cab/power amp and FOH in stereo

bdc

I'm getting in a port city cab and I want to take advantage of the stereo option for the effects. I'm running it through a matrix GT1000fx and I'm wondering how in my patches or my wiring path would allow me two outs without cab sims to go to my amp and live cab in stereo and then have a stereo feed available to go straight to my mains or FOH

I don't have the cab yet so my presets are pretty minimal from creating patches using my studio monitors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So using the fxl block would allow me to use both L and R outputs in output 2?

So using the fxl block would allow me to use both L and R outputs in output 2?

Yes.
Put the FX loop block before the cab block (ideally on a separate row).
The setup you are proposing is exactly how I do it. Works great!

I'm getting in a port city cab and I want to take advantage of the stereo option for the effects. I'm running it through a matrix GT1000fx and I'm wondering how in my patches or my wiring path would allow me two outs without cab sims to go to my amp and live cab in stereo and then have a stereo feed available to go straight to my mains or FOH

I don't have the cab yet so my presets are pretty minimal from creating patches using my studio monitors

Check out Yek's presets. Basically it's the same thing as suggested above with the FXL block. If you want your effects after your amp block (usually delay, reverb etc.) to go through your cab and FOH I found that it's the best way to do it.

Yes.
Put the FX loop block before the cab block (ideally on a separate row).
The setup you are proposing is exactly how I do it. Works great!

Would you mind sharing one of your presets so I can have a visual of what it should look like? :)

Would you mind sharing one of your presets so I can have a visual of what it should look like? :)

This one might be a good example.

Edit: bear in mind I used my own cab block in this preset, so change it for one of your own.

Attachments

• Clean W Mod Delay.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
If someone wanted to only use a real Cab, is there a way to globally turn off or bypass all the cab Sims so I could wheel through the presets?

Sent from Windows Phone Tapatalk

If someone wanted to only use a real Cab, is there a way to globally turn off or bypass all the cab Sims so I could wheel through the presets?

Sent from Windows Phone Tapatalk

Yes, just go in the Global menu and disable the cabinet modelling. Remember to go back in and switch it back on again when you're done though!

This one might be a good example.

Edit: bear in mind I used my own cab block in this preset, so change it for one of your own.

i cant get your patch to make any noise.. im using output 1 now and getting nothing

EDIT: bloody hell i am slow sometimes. figured it out, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom