using set or song mode with AxeFx mode to organize presets question.

randombastage

Experienced
Sorry I haven't received the MFC-101 yet (supposedly delivery takes place today...YEA!)
After falling asleep reading the manual I'm thinking I may be on to a way to use it for my purposes.
Can I name banks or sets or songs after particular amps and then use the 5 preset buttons across the bottom to store variations of that amp, the other buttons as I/A's?
I envision having 5 favorite presets of Plexi's, 5 Matchless, etc. to cover all the amps in the AxeFx that are my go to sounds.
Then be able to scroll through the amp names like they were banks, sets or songs and each one would have 5 of my favorite presets using that particular amp.
I guess one thing that this method would benefit from, do you get to name the bank, set or song and does that name show up on the display along with the preset name? So, in my use, it would read:
Plexi
001 Plexi Crunch
or
Matchless
031 Matchless Clean

or something like that, so when I want a different amp I just scroll up or down to that amp group and choose one

Last edited:
Well UPS got here and the answer is Oh Heck Yes you can do that!
This is a great controller! I was worried it was an extravagant expense for me since I'm not playing out anymore but after having the Behringer FCB1010 and the Roland FCB-300 I can already tell this was worth it even for me playing in my little man cave. Now that the MFC101 is under foot the manual has started to make a lot more sense and the depth of the possibilities this controller offers becomes apparent.

I've already got about 10 Amp categories named as songs so now as I play whenever I dial up a preset I use regularly I'll designate it to a "Song" and the up and down switches let me scroll through those amp categories quickly...
Next will be to make some special "Songs" to contain presets that have wild effects or blistering lead presets etc.
Keeping the bank size to 5 and keeping the type of preset going from left to right in each "Song" consistent, for example #1 clean, #2 not quite so clean, #3 edge of breakup, #4 mild crunch, #5 hard crunch means the last active preset number flashes as you scroll Amp names so if you were on a not quite so clean preset in the Fender "Song" and you scroll up to the Marshall "Song" the same button is flashing so if you intended to get a little more hair on it with the change...or a little less....well there you go....all laid out for you to choose your adjustment!!

Well done Fractal Audio, a controller worthy of the AxeFx for sure.

It seems you have already answered your own question, but that is exactly how I have mine setup: a bank of Marsha sounds, Vox sounds, Fender sounds, etc.

Sometimes a specific song may call for a Fender clean, Vox crunch, plexi lead, with something odd like a synth - in those cases I just create a song (or artist) specific bank. Works great. I really don't want to switch banks during any given song.

Guys' if I'm understanding what you're saying .... Can I set up the MCF in 'set' mode using bank up an down to change songs, thus using switches 1 to 5 to enable different 'scenes' within the songs ? Or am I just crazy ?
Still waiting for the MCF to arrive Friday btw ...

Back
Top Bottom