Using Scenes and Looper - Any advice on how to approach this?

Warrior

Power User
Couldn't find this so I wanted ask if anyone is doing this and get your avice on how to set-up/organize MFC. I'm just learning how to use scenes and I am using "Reveal" to acces scenes.

Not sure how I would also incorporate the looper functionality.

Couldn't find this so I wanted ask if anyone is doing this and get your avice on how to set-up/organize MFC. I'm just learning how to use scenes and I am using "Reveal" to acces scenes.

Not sure how I would also incorporate the looper functionality.

I have my MFC set to 5 presets and use reveal to use those switches (1-5) to use the looper. I am contemplating how I want to go about incorporating scenes. I think I may just do it like Cooper did in his video http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...utorial-using-scenes-axe-fx-ii-mfc-101-a.html except use the scenes as 6 thru 10. Or maybe do the scenes as he did on 1 thru 5 and move the looper functions to 6 thru 10 since the scenes functions will see more action.

So much to think about... :)

Short tap on reveal reveals IAs, long tap on reveal enables looper mode. That's how it's setup on my MFC.

+1 This functionality is built into the MFC and is really handy. I have mine the other way around (short tap for looper) as I use the looper more than the extra IAs.

Cheers.

Short tap on reveal reveals IAs, long tap on reveal enables looper mode. That's how it's setup on my MFC.

So if I understand correctly I can have:

Switches 1-5 to selct patches
Short tap on "Reveal" to use switches 1-5 as "scenes" (as 1 scenario)
Long tap on "Reveal" to use switches 1-5 as "looper mode"

I use the looper more than I use scenes so I have looper on short tap, but other than that I do it the same as knoll.

Interesting post that I'm going to shoe horn my way into :) For you guys using the reveal button to incorporate the looper, how do it feel flow-wise playing live with being able to jump around between the looper, change patches, back to looper to start/end loops, etc. I'm currently using a boomerang 3 that I love, but it's a PITA to run cables to and from the axe to the Rang on the pedalboard (I loop the outs of the axe to have the patches in all their glory, and then the Rang outs to the board). I could probably live with the less robust looper functions of the looper in the axe, but I'm worried about the tap dance I'll have to perform to loop. I'm a solo vocal guitar act so it has to be seamless, which I can pull off with the Rang. The cable run thing is the problem, which is why I want to switch. Currently using a GCP but would happily switch the the MFC for looping and 2 more expression pedals. So is looping pretty logical and efficient on the MFC?

I'm thinking that two or three scenes per preset could eliminate the need for several IA's, so I might just put them above the bottom 5 for presets/looper.

I haven't set up my scenes yet but I plan to run 5 scenes along the bottom row, short tap reveal for looper, hold for extra IAs (I will use the looper and scenes much more than the extra IAs). The awesome thing about the Axe + MFC is it's so flexible now it should be able to be set up to suit anyone.

Cheers.

I have my MFC set to 5 presets and use reveal to use swich 1 for record, 2 for stop record and playback and 3 for add record while I step on it. 4 and 5 is switching to whammy or rotary (i have only one pedal using wah or rotary speed or whammy). I need only 3 switches for looper and the abillity to change effects during looper is running. I use only 2 scenes (former I used x y) for swithing gapless two different amps in my patch.

Then again, if you want to take advantage of "gapless" switching from scenes, yet use the looper functionality as well, you would have to have all switches assigned on the same reveal page. Correct?

Then again, if you want to take advantage of "gapless" switching from scenes, yet use the looper functionality as well, you would have to have all switches assigned on the same reveal page. Correct?

Yes. Otherwise you will have to hit the reveal button a couple times to go back and forth.

I'm not sure I follow this. The same "reveal page"?

Looper mode is a 2nd "reveal" type screen. So a short press is Reveal for more IAs and a 2 second press enters Looper mode with its own controls.

Looking through my manuals I'm not seeing anything that says you can "move" looper functions. The Looper Mode pages in the MFC manual give me the distinct impression that they're "permanent" switch locations. Am I missing something? Can you actually assign looper functions now? That would be COOL...

Back
Top Bottom