Using Rear Input(s) for Guitar

I finally got all of the stuff in to get my rack finished and some time to get it setup at the practice space. Here is what I ended up doing in case it helps anyone in the future. I stuck with the G50 and mounted on the back side of the rack via Velcro. I bought a rack blank and put the antennas on the front with F/F couplers and a couple of cables. I also drilled a hole in the blank panel and put the signal cable through that. I used a rubber grommet to protect the cable. Here's what it looks like:
View attachment 19535View attachment 19536

This allows me to get to the wireless unit if I have to, but keeps everything nice and clean still. I still need to put in a few things to secure the cabling, but I think this will work well for me. Parts from amazon in case it saves someone 30 seconds of searching:
Couplers
Amazon.com: BNC Panel Mount Coupler - F/F: Computers & Accessories
Cables
Amazon.com : RG58 / AU Stranded BNC Cable, Braided, 3 ft BNC Male to BNC male 1HA : Audio Cables And Video Cables : Electronics
Rack Blank
Amazon.com: Odyssey APB01 1 Space Blank Rack Panel Accessory: Musical Instruments

I relly liked the G50 seperated from the antenas and heaving them outside on a 1U panel.
Im going to the same with my G50.
Thanks for the idea.

Hi All,

I am putting together a rack and have 1U free for wireless, I was looking at Relay G90 but it only has outputs on the back and the Axe input I've been using "Instr" is on the front. Since my rack will be full (2U drawer, power condition, Axe and Wireless) there really isn't a great way to get the feed from the wireless into the Axe. Has anyone had any experience with using the back panel inputs? I realize they are balanced so my assumption is it won't work the same and may have undesirable side effects but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks!

Kevin
I actually use my g90 into the rear input. I had a balanced cable made that is xlr on one side so I use the g's xlr out into rear input 1L. I love it. No adverse affects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the Line 6 XD-V75 into the rear input playing live. When I bring the axe home to do patch/updates changes I sometimes use the front input to save on batteries :) I like being able to switch back and forth between the 2 with no discernible difference.

Back
Top Bottom