Using reamping to adjust parameters?

L

luke

I know very little about reamping (read the Wiki), however, it would seem that it would be a good way to create a loop thus allowing you to put the guitar down and concentrate on the parameters.

Is anyone doing this? Does it work out well?

Can you do the same thing using the internal looper and eliminate the need for a DAW?

yes, and it works just as you said...maybe not 100% to final tweakage, but works well. Looper very first block in the matrix/grid, and build from there.

I went through a whole elaborate process with a DAW to do this and then someone pointed out the looper idea. Nothing like building a nuclear reactor to power a flashlight. It works great.

the looper is very handy. It's funny, I think you hear differently when you are playing a track, vs. listening to your loop. Do you notice that? Maybe it's my guitar grimace cutting off blood to my ears?

I hear what you're saying. I have been saying for years now that I respond more to the 'feel' than how it actually sounds a lot of times so dialing in my tone while I'm not playing was kind of weird at first, but to be honest I think that I get a lot better results. I think that part of it is that I've got so much brain power spent on playing that I don't hear as well as I do when using the looper to dial it in. I'm sure as hell a lot faster using the looper too.

also, when you are aren't feeling and hearing the vibrations of the guitar wood through your hands and body, it is a different sound. Your Ears are hearing the same thing, but your brain takes ALL the vibrations you are hearing when playing, not just what comes through your ears.

How are you guys monitoring the backing track when re amping? I can't seen to find a way to do this.

How are you guys monitoring the backing track when re amping? I can't seen to find a way to do this.

See the other thread on the request for another output on the interface for this very reason.

Right now you need a separate multi-channel audio interface with an output for the dry signal to run to your AXE analog input (call it a stereo pair since they all come with even numbers), a stereo input for the processed stereo AXE output, and a second stereo output to monitor the entire mix. A 2 channel input, 4 channel output (1 stereo pair in, 2 stereo pair out) interface will suffice, but a 4x4 interface is a lot more common. You can get a decent 8x8 used for a couple hundred bucks. And remember, your not using it to process anything that will be on your final mix, it's simply to tweak the sound in the mix (see below). The looping method is what I do and it allows you to concentrate on tweaking patches while not thinking about playing like previous posters mentioned. However, I use the looping function in my DAW so the entire mix loops including the guitar.

It's not hard to do and a patch bay greatly eases the pain of re-cabling to do this. I suggest once you tweak your sound in the mix, switch back to the USB on the AXE to print the processed track and monitor your final mix.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I went through a whole elaborate process with a DAW to do this and then someone pointed out the looper idea. Nothing like building a nuclear reactor to power a flashlight. It works great.
I still prefer my nuclear reactor :lol
(just a btw- the looper is something I have never used, and always forget exists as I have no current ability to even use it. Maybe someday..)

Back
Top Bottom