Using POD HD 500x with Axe FX II XL+

Hi all, I am new to Fractal world. Proud owner of Axe! I have pod hd500x. Have a gig on coming Sunday. I want to change the presets, switch on/off the effects. And pod wah! I m not into midi devices. Don't have any idea abt how to integrate pod with Axe. If anyone of u who can guide me on this issue of mine. Btw which cable should I use to connect my axe and pod. I am little nervous. As clock is ticking.
Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers from India

If you are familiar with the Line 6 maybe you should use that for the gig this Sunday, then you will have time to get your Axe set up after the gig. The Axe can do great Wah sounds and you will discover that you can create just what you want with it, but it does take time. Are you planning to use the Line6 footswitches to control your Axe?

I currently use a pod 500 as my foot controller - its going to take some time to get the MIDI all set up for the AXE... You will drive yourself crazy trying to get it done by Sunday ( if you have a fair amount of patches).
I have a POD 500 patch I use that makes it a little easier - basically its a blank slate set up to change scenes. I'm at work so I don't have it right now - but I can post it when I get home. It will still take some time though.

Hey folks, thank for replying. I have made pretty good presets with axe. Little more research and I got to know abt the integration. I am little close to what I want.. will now try it tomorrow as it's pretty late in India. Just one question for now.. after connecting pod and axe with 5 pin midi cable. Do I have to go to a special page in pod to start the process.? I will attack a YouTube video. If u guys can tell if that video will really help to start with..
Regards

In this video.. the guy integrated Kemper with pod. If u guys have to to watch the video and let me know this is the procedure. Or provide additional tips..
I have list of cc numbers of axe. I think I just need to dial those correct cc as this guy did.

Hey folks,
So right now. I can change my presets with my pod. Enable disable effect from FS1 to FS4. Changing presets via FS5 to FS8. Now I am encountering with 2 issues.
1. My volume pedal in pod isn't doing anything. Neither volume nor wah. M registering cc16 and cc17 for ext 1 and ext 2 respectively.
2. I am saving my patch with drive(or any other effect) off. I have assigned fs2 for that. To engage disengage drive. Now whenever I switch to another preset and switch back to that same preset my drive is on..
P.s when I was assigning cc to that preset my drive was on
3. It's not a problem. Just want to know that do I have to assign cc to every patch that I have made. Currently I m using 2 banks. 4 presets each.
Regards

Hey guys.. everything is sorted now.. I can change presets. Engage/disengage effects. Wah is working. Volume pedal working. Pod is illuminating lights when switching on and off effects. I just need to know how u guys use scenes 1-4 on pod.
Thanks

Hey guys.. everything is sorted now.. I can change presets. Engage/disengage effects. Wah is working. Volume pedal working. Pod is illuminating lights when switching on and off effects. I just need to know how u guys use scenes 1-4 on pod.
Thanks

Did you check out the pod patch I referenced in post 8? It allows for the use of scenes 1-4

Back
Top Bottom