Using Phones as Output

ZackThi

Okay so, I have been having issues with my axe fx 2 for over a year now and I think I found a solution to the problem albeit it's only a band-aid solution.

Here's my issue; my output 1 volume (back of unit) is incredibly low and at this point it must be a loose/faulty connection, I have done a plethora of troubleshooting to try and alleviate the issue to no avail. I've reset firmware, double checked cables, global output, patch output, trying different methods to output (power amp to cab via 3/4inch, xlr out to mixer) and nothing changed. But, I noticed that when I plugged the output into my audio interface (uad apollo) and using the headphone setting it was still very quiet but, when I plugged my headphones straight into the phones out on the axe fx 2 it was way louder. So, I did what any idiot(or maybe genius?) would do and used the phones output as just a regular output. This was my signal chain:

IN Guitar -> INTR
OUT axe fx2 -> phones -> behringer power amp -> mesa 2x12 cab

With this signal chain I am finally getting proper volume levels. Now my question is; will there be any consequences to using this method as I'm assuming the phones out isn't treated quite the same as the output on the back panel (I could be totally wrong)? Also, how hard would it be to get someone to look at the connections of the axe fx 2 and potentially fix my connection issue?

Thanks for hearing me out (pun intented)

cheers

Back
Top Bottom