Using Per Preset while using a view operation

is9582

Power User
I have an FC-6 connected to an AF3 and would like to have a separate Per Preset assignment for each scene. The first five were no problem, but then I got to switch #6, which i have set to change from View #1 to View #2, so I can access all 8 scenes, without using a Hold option..
I have no Per Preset setup or assigned for Scenes 6 - 8, but when I am on preset #5 (after pressing button #6 that toggles to View #2, and automatically wraps Scene #5 to Physical button #1) the assigned Per Preset #1 is active when I press the physical switch #1, even though that switch is at that moment pointing to Scene #5. I get the same behavior for the other remaining switches in View #2.

I am trying to use Per Preset so I don’t need to build all presets using the same choice of blocks, as the block type and number (eg Drive1) is baked into the selection.

Have I missed a choice or option that is preventing this from my intended usage? Is there an easier or more efficient method for this type of control?

Sorry it is convoluted, but I don’t know a better way to phrase my request. I’d appreciate any assistance.
Cheers
Lee

I’m confused. Can you clarify “have a separate Per Preset assignment for each scene.”?

do you actually mean for each Scene? Per preset switches are per preset, not per scene.

regardless can you show a screenshot of the FC switches in Edit on View 2? Make sure you have Switch 1 selected as that’s the problem switch.

I’m confused. Can you clarify “have a separate Per Preset assignment for each scene.”?

do you actually mean for each Scene? Per preset switches are per preset, not per scene.

regardless can you show a screenshot of the FC switches in Edit on View 2? Make sure you have Switch 1 selected as that’s the problem switch.
Yeah, it was weird sounding, but it let me choose and assign a separate one for each scene. Probably not the intended use, but it allowed setting for scene on press, and the effect I wanted on hold.

I didn’t find anything in the a wiki that said I couldn’t use it like this lol. Probably (again) as it was not expected. 🤷‍♂️

@chris
Missed my opportunity for the photo tonight. Unit is at my other location, and I just got home. I’ll get the shot tomorrow. Thx for your input. Lee

Yeah, it was weird sounding, but it let me choose and assign a separate one for each scene. Probably not the intended use, but it allowed setting for scene on press, and the effect I wanted on hold.
Not sure you answered the question.

Can you clarify “have a separate Per Preset assignment for each scene.”?

What do you mean by per preset for each scene?

Not sure you answered the question.

Can you clarify “have a separate Per Preset assignment for each scene.”?

What do you mean by per preset for each scene?
Sorry about that. When I setup the Per Presets, I assigned the on Press and on Hold info, so Per Preset #1 was assigned to Layout 2 switch #1, and Per Preset #2 to Layout 2 switch #2 and so on. My thinking was it would only “touch” the setup of this one preset, so it wouldn’t cause problems on others. Hope this helps answer the question.

Sorry about that. When I setup the Per Presets, I assigned the on Press and on Hold info, so Per Preset #1 was assigned to Layout 2 switch #1, and Per Preset #2 to Layout 2 switch #2 and so on. My thinking was it would only “touch” the setup of this one preset, so it wouldn’t cause problems on others. Hope this helps answer the question.
Ok I think I understand better. The screenshot of the problem switch can help still.

Ok I think I understand better. The screenshot of the problem switch can help still.
I hope I’m understanding what you wanted to see, so if the attached isn’t it, I’ll give it another try.

Attachments

• 37BD85A1-2392-4E66-A434-6F27C86BDA7E.jpeg
    37BD85A1-2392-4E66-A434-6F27C86BDA7E.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
I hope I’m understanding what you wanted to see, so if the attached isn’t it, I’ll give it another try.
ok, i'm still not clear what you're trying to accomplish, but this helps.

in that picture, Switch 7 (which is "switch 1 of view 2) is selecting Scene 5. it's not a per-preset, and it's not an override.

you're saying that if you press that "Scene 5" switch, whatever is assigned to Per-Preset 1 (switch 1 of view 1) also executes?

what is on Per-Preset 1 (switch 1 of view 1)?

ok, i'm still not clear what you're trying to accomplish, but this helps.

in that picture, Switch 7 (which is "switch 1 of view 2) is selecting Scene 5. it's not a per-preset, and it's not an override.

you're saying that if you press that "Scene 5" switch, whatever is assigned to Per-Preset 1 (switch 1 of view 1) also executes?

what is on Per-Preset 1 (switch 1 of view 1)?
When I was preparing to take some additional screen shots for you this morning, I noticed an issue with what I created last night. This was the first time I'd tried using any "Per-Preset" functionality, and I was sick last night, which obviously wasn't the best combination. I redid the Overrides for the remaining needed scenes and it is working beautifully. I couldn't even make it fail or behave like it did last night. Nothing I'm doing now (including removing the added Overrides, and saving) will cause it to trigger in the manner I mentioned. Since I can't replicate the problem, I'd say the stars weren't aligned correctly, or whatever, but most likely was "USER ERROR"! lol
I'm still attaching a couple of screen shots (damn, I must have added 30 years to my age last night, taking a photo of the screen with my phone. Doh!) just in case it might tickle someone's creative usage juices. Oh, and my trigger for these was at least initially @Burgs as he mentioned some of the setup he uses on his FM3 + FC-6 rig. The way I handled it may be completely different than his actual execution, but it's feeling good to me at this point. Thanks for hanging with me Chris, and asking lots of relevant questions to help me down the path. Feel free to ask further questions if needed, or share other methods that might work as well, or better. I'm always ready to learn. Cheers, Lee

Attachments

• AF3 Per Preset 1 edit shot.png
    AF3 Per Preset 1 edit shot.png
    486 KB · Views: 5
  • AF3 Per Preset 7 edit shot.png
    AF3 Per Preset 7 edit shot.png
    486.9 KB · Views: 6
  • AF3 Per Preset 7 switch assignment.png
    AF3 Per Preset 7 switch assignment.png
    452.7 KB · Views: 6
  • AF3 Per Preset Layout 2 assignments.png
    AF3 Per Preset Layout 2 assignments.png