Using Outputs #2

There's no FX Send or FX Return block. You need 3 blocks as shown here:

Feedback Return - (place any effects here) - FX Loop - (effects could alternatively go here) - Feedback Send

Set feedback send "send" level to 100%, feedback return mix to 100%. Make sure you have a cable connected to In 2L or a feedback loop (loud noise at Out 2) can occur.

Bakerman is exactly right. It's not always intuitive as to why you need three blocks (Feedback Return >> FX Loop >> Feedback Send) to make this work, so here's something I posted in another thread that helps explain it....

"When a signal from somewhere in the grid is sent to the FX Loop, the signal goes immediately OUT to OUT2. Normally, you'd send that signal through an external effects pedal and back in to IN2. The signal would then continue downstream to whatever is connected next in line from the FX loop block.

So, and this is the main thing... inside of the FX Loop Block itself, the signal is sent out to OUT2 before the signal coming in from IN2. Like this...

FXLOOP = [{out to out2} then {in from in2}]

When you start by bringing in a signal at IN2, it's already past OUT2 inside the FXLoop block. That's why you need to use the [send] and [return] blocks to send the signal coming from the "end" of the FX Loop block back to the "beginning" of the FX loop block so it will go out of out2."

Hope that helps.
i guess it's smart to assume he wants other stuff in the layout to also pass through to Out 2, but the OP didn't say that. maybe just an acoustic guitar In and Out of 2? we may never know ;)

I have 2 guitars in the setup (playing at different times), Electric in IN 1 and acoustic in IN 2. I want seperate control at the FOH so I need my acoustic to go out of OUTS 2.
Thought the answer would be really simple.
Can someone send a screenshot?

The routing is described in post #3. Place & connect those blocks in any unused row. Note the 2 settings mentioned for feedback send/return, keep the send block "output" parameter at 0%.

You don't need to connect these blocks to the start or end of grid, but it's fine if you need to use column 1 or 12. The automatic connection that would happen then is irrelevant with the settings listed.

So what is wrong with this? Doesn't work.
The level settings in the send and return blocks are as suggested.
I still can't grasp the importance of where these blocks go in the grid.

Back
Top Bottom