1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Using my studio monitors for TV speakers while also having a recording/playing....

Discussion in 'Rigs and Routing' started by Bman, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Bman

Bman
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I currently have a Scarlett 212 and use Logic for recording. I have studio monitors as well as FRFR speakers. I’d like be able to have everything set up so I can easily choose which speakers to use OR use them all. And would like to run my TV’s sound as well.

I was looking at the Mackie 8 channel USB (don’t recall model). I’m just not wrapping my head around how the outputs would work. Also, I suppose I wouldn’t need to Scarlett unless there’s a lag issue with the Mackie. It would also be cool if the faders on the mackie could control Logic’s mixing on the Mac.

Is this doable?