Using my new PRS Sparkle Kaoss Mira with the Axe Fx Ultra...

Heya Guys

Turff from Screaming Mechanical Brain here. Just figured I'd stop in to show off my new guitar I just got from my guys up at PRS, my Sparkle Kaoss Mira.

283010_1844793367972_1484765240_31428431_3680082_n  .jpg

Anyway, its got a MIDI out and in this video I'm using it to control the fractal pitchshifter and formant filter live in real time.

Hope you guys dig it. :)

That's pretty cool and unique. Do you actually use the Kaossilator that much? I'd have like to hear the tone at stage volume, too much pick noise in the video. Sounded cool tho. Which amp are you using?

That's pretty cool and unique. Do you actually use the Kaossilator that much? I'd have like to hear the tone at stage volume, too much pick noise in the video. Sounded cool tho. Which amp are you using?

Yeah, this was all filmed within the first 24 hours of me getting the guitar so I'm still figuring out what kinda shit I can do with it. But keep in mind I'm not using any type of korg stuff with this, the pad is purely MIDI and its just controlling parameters on my Axe-FX. The amp model I'm using is the FAS modern.

I take it you've seen Matt Bellamy's guitars more than a couple times. I actually did some quick googling on your guitar and I guess you used the same midi xy-pad kit as I did for one of the guitars I made. I have found that a sustainer really is a great tool to go along side the pad. Also, on stage I have put this guitar on a stand and had the singer manipulate the signal while I play from a different guitar. Definitely a fun way to do it. Guitar I made for reference.

280939_10100671142122738_13704047_61181426_4471068_o.jpg

dito on the sustainer to really get the most out of this. i'm trying to think of cool applpications for the X/Y controller. one that comes to mind is to use it to control balance of a panner block infront of two amps (one clean and the other dirty with inputs set to L+R respecively) so you can do cross fades anywhere on stage and not need to be right infront of your pedal board all the time. that would be cool.

you could also make some cool synth drones and use the X/Y to control the volume and filter characteristics of the synth block and play guitar over them. turn the pitch selection in the synth to off and just select your pitch then sculpt your synth tone from there.

you could also use it to control input gain on massive delays or even use it to set your tap tempo for delays.

you can get some trippy sounds using the ringmod by controlling the frequency. hmmm... you could use the X/Y to control the pitch of the ring mod and the mix parameter at the same time so you can fade in and modulate the pitch at the same time and fade the mix back down to get back to your normal tone. that would be cool for weird glitchy fills etc....

hmmm lots coming to mind.... have fun.

Extremely cool, man. Beautiful guitar too. Makes me wanna reach into the wallet, but I still haven't secured an Axe II yet. Waiting for the feeding frenzy to die down.

Yeah, this was all filmed within the first 24 hours of me getting the guitar so I'm still figuring out what kinda shit I can do with it. But keep in mind I'm not using any type of korg stuff with this, the pad is purely MIDI and its just controlling parameters on my Axe-FX. The amp model I'm using is the FAS modern.
How did you set it up to use on the AXEFX?

Back
Top Bottom