Using my Axe-Fx 2 on The Voice Australia

Dolcegit

Hi Guys,
The Voice season 8 has kicked off in Australia .Thought I'd share some clips with you all to hear the AXE FX2 in action.I'm hoping these clips are not restricted to Australia .Please let me know if you cant access these YouTube clips.
I'm the only Guitarist on the show and have always used 2 amps with a left and right cab .I always run a 20ms pingpong delay in the chain to give that random reaction between the 2 amps.If you have headphones you'll notice it (hopefully haha)The reason I do this is to create a wide sonic range across the panning spectrum and it also gives the illusion of 2 guitars playing.I've also added an acoustic song we did I also run my acoustic through the AXE FX
cheers

Michael

Man I have job envy!!! Thanks for sharing this! What great tone and playing!

Would you mind showing a screenshot of how you use the PingPong delay please? I'm trying to understand how you are using it with the 2 amps and cab block.

I play live stereo a lot (on a much smaller scale than you) and I'm also the only electric guitarist so always looking at ways to fill in the sonic spectrum a bit more.

Oh man, that sounds really great. Killing it with those power chords on "Killing in the name of..." and the acoustic really is articulate and clean... job envy for sure!

@Dolcegit , sounds awesome and cool dual-amp trick.

About "Heroes", help me out ... Is the singer one count early each time, or is that on purpose?

Great auditions and nice playing!

If someone told me they were going to audition with Killing in the Name, I would have suggested a different song... But that guy did a really good job.

Man I have job envy!!! Thanks for sharing this! What great tone and playing!

Would you mind showing a screenshot of how you use the PingPong delay please? I'm trying to understand how you are using it with the 2 amps and cab block.

I play live stereo a lot (on a much smaller scale than you) and I'm also the only electric guitarist so always looking at ways to fill in the sonic spectrum a bit more.
I've uploaded a video and created a thread demonstrating the 2 amp setup :)

Well done Michael, as usual you have a great sound for every song you play. And the 2 amps trick is another example of the flexibility of the unit (still remember your “fake” pedal steel trick, wonderful).

Well done Michael, as usual you have a great sound for every song you play. And the 2 amps trick is another example of the flexibility of the unit (still remember your “fake” pedal steel trick, wonderful).
wow Diego that was a long time ago thank you

I've uploaded a video and created a thread demonstrating the 2 amp setup :)

Wow! Thank you so much for the detail on that! It sounds so much more lively with the delay!

Do you do the same trick with medium/heavy gain presets?

sounds great, although i don't think you need to use the ping pong delay as you're only hearing one side, as you've panned hard over in the mixer block. if the delay is set to 10ms and you're actually hearing the second repeat only, then the delay time will actually be 20ms. can't remember which way the ping pong bounces off the top off my head. dream job, but i bet it's super hard work!

sounds great, although i don't think you need to use the ping pong delay as you're only hearing one side, as you've panned hard over in the mixer block. if the delay is set to 10ms and you're actually hearing the second repeat only, then the delay time will actually be 20ms. can't remember which way the ping pong bounces off the top off my head. dream job, but i bet it's super hard work!

Yes, that's interesting. Ping-Pong starts at the Left side. You see in the Mixer that it's hard-panned to the right (3rd row). So indeed you'd actually hear the second repeat, not the first one. Unless Michael has the outputs of the device reversed. ;)

Back
Top Bottom