Using MIDI controller for expression pedal

Hi. I have a 'voluum' pedal by Sonuus. It has MIDI in and out and I was wondering if I can use it as an expression pedal with the Axe Fx II (Mark II). Is it the pedal's OUT to the Axe Fx II's IN? And do I set it up as I would an expression pedal (e.g., go through the usual menu items and set up my expression pedal, but select a MIDI channel?). Are there any videos or specific instructions I need to follow? Thanks.

Hi. I have a 'voluum' pedal by Sonuus. It has MIDI in and out and I was wondering if I can use it as an expression pedal with the Axe Fx II (Mark II). Is it the pedal's OUT to the Axe Fx II's IN? And do I set it up as I would an expression pedal (e.g., go through the usual menu items and set up my expression pedal, but select a MIDI channel?). Are there any videos or specific instructions I need to follow? Thanks.

connect voluum MIDI OUT -> Axe-Fx MIDI IN
in I/O SETTINGS, under tab CTRL select external 1 (or any other # you want to use) and press enter.
the value will blink
move the voluum pedal. value will stop blinking and change to the right CC# (7 according the voluum manual)

that's it.

Reactions: MrX
There must be more to it... Even with the Voluum effects off, it's sending those effects (and I'm not affecting the wah, volume, pitch, etc. of the Axe Fx). Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom