Using looper block with guitar and synth

pelk21

So I have a couple of analog synths that I would like to run through my Axe Fx II and be able to make some loops from them to play guitar over. Typically, my setup for guitar is to have output 1 routed to my CLR monitor and output 2 goes to my guitar cab powered by a Seymour Duncan PS170. I have read a couple of threads regarding how to hook up a synth through the Axe Fx and I plan to hook it up to input 2 with my guitar plugged into the front input.

Is there a way to have only my guitar signal go only to the guitar cab and only the synth go to the CLR monitor?

To clarify, the looper will only play the synth? If thats the case I found this on the FX Loop Block wiki that I think will solve your problem.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=FX_Loop_block
  1. Connect the external gear to Input 2.
  2. Select the correct Input Mode for Input 2 in I/O > Audio.
  3. Add a Feedback Return block to a separate row. Set Mix and Level to 100, to start with.
  4. Add a FXL block after Feedback Return (and effect blocks if desired). Set Level at 100.
  5. Add a Feedback Send block after FXL, with Send at 100.
  6. Turn up Output Level on the front panel to get signal out.

Thanks for the reply.

Ideally, I would like to be able to loop both the guitar and synth, but I am thinking that I would lose the ability to send them to separate outputs. Is that correct?

Thanks for the reply.

Ideally, I would like to be able to loop both the guitar and synth, but I am thinking that I would lose the ability to send them to separate outputs. Is that correct?
you might be able to pan things in the preset - you will lose "stereo" output options, but can have discreet outputs - left for guitar, right for synth, for example. treat them as single mono signals. be sure the Looper is set to stereo, and you'll need to pan individual blocks within the preset.

might be more difficult than useful.

Back
Top Bottom