Using LF+ Mini with AX8

macula56

I wanna get my AX8 up off the floor and run it with my LF+ Mini. Anybody here have any experience with that particular scenario? I haven't used midi in a long time so I am basically starting from scratch. I have Googled this and found very little useful info. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had the AX8 (now III), and currently use the LF+ Mini to control my III. In regards to using the AX8 and Mini together, take a look at the Midi CC list on page 99 of the manual and program them into the Mini as IA's. That plus PC messages will do most control work. In terms of controlling parameters (say a wah treadle or Whammy type of expression), you need to assign whatever parameters/bypass/etc the Mini will control to an external controller in the Ax8.

Personally, I would use the Mini to trigger individual presets, and perhaps have a page of IA switches that aren't regularly used, and keep the AX8 footswitches for important effects (particularly ones that you may frequently change X/Y states), and a hand full of scenes. But that is all entirely configurable according to what works best for your ergonomics.

Hope that helps...

I'll look at that. Thanks. I got the Mini used so I need to get a user's manual for it as I know zip about programming it. Thanks again.

Definitely download the editor for the Mini; I only directly edit the Mini on extreme emergencies. You could perhaps figure out the unit from editor without needing to dive deep into the manual. Then you need to get used to the system structure: presets and IAs are the foundational elements for anything you want, then learn how songs and set lists add other layers of organization.

Back
Top Bottom