Using Lehle 3@1 midi pedal and Axe FX II XL+ and MFC

PeterB

Does anyone have experience using the Lehle 3@1 midi pedal in combination with Axe and MFC?

I’m using the Axe FX II XL + in combination with the MFC 101 Mark III. I have them connected with a faslink cable. I want to use the Lehle 3@1 midi device so I don’t have to change and connect another cable everytime when I need a quick change of a guitar. I use three guitars in a live situation.

What is the best way to connect the Lehle? Is that by using the midi out of the MFC with a TRS/5 pins midi cable? And if so, what changes I have to make in the Axe itself?

Is it possible to program the Axe in such a way that when I choose a preset on the MFC for one of the guitars, the Lehle automatically goes to the input for that specific guitar so I don't have to push the buttons on the Lehle.

I’m, not very technical and after reading the manuals and looking on internet I’m still wondering if this is possible.

Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Yes you should be able do that. You'll need a MIDI Din to TRS cable to connect the 3at1 to the MIDI out port of the MFC. Once the 3at1 receives a program change message from the MFC (they are sent whenever you change presets on the MFC), it can be programmed for the desired input by pressing and holding the A,B, or C switches to program them on or off for that PC message. Switch to your next preset on the MFC and repeat.

There's a video on the Lehle website showing how to do it with a Kemper, but the process on the 3at1 is the same.

Back
Top Bottom