Using knobs B-C-D-E on Home page?

This is a bit of a weird idea, but make them user assignable shortcuts to open specific blocks or views when on the main Home screen with preset/scenes. We already have the double click shortcuts to common blocks so this is kind of like an extension of those.

For the turn function to actually activate, you would need to turn it quite a bit so it does not trigger accidentally. Not just one or two clicks, a good grab and twist! Let's say you mapped B to multitap delay. You want to go there to quickly adjust something so you do a good spin of the knob for the action to activate.

Just a thought..
Certain presets sometimes inspire me like a muse.
WHILE CREATING A SONG,... It would be nice to be able to jump to a particular favorite (muse) preset 'in real time' with the press of a button (B-C-D-E) to 'keep the flow' so to speak.

I wish for a knob for Global Gain compensation for different Guitars i like to use one Day to another. Don’t Know if it’s possible for Cliff to program something in the unit to change the level maybe +-12dB before the Input Block with one of the encoders?

I wish for a knob for Global Gain compensation for different Guitars i like to use one Day to another. Don’t Know if it’s possible for Cliff to program something in the unit to change the level maybe +-12dB before the Input Block with one of the encoders?
It's there. It's in the system settings though which means you have to press some knobs to get there.

I wasn't even aware that the manual controllers mapped to those! I can definitely put them to good use now.

Anyway, as global defaults, a couple could be amp 1 and 2 levels so we could quicly level presets without leaving the home page.

And maybe the other 2 could be the global input1 gain and level, to adjust for different guitars on the fly without digging thru menus.

Haven't done it yet, but for the same reason I am thinking about putting a MXR 12 band EQ, running flat, in front of my unit so I can adjust the gain. Theoretically should work, will see if I'm happy with the sound

Haven't done it yet, but for the same reason I am thinking about putting a MXR 12 band EQ, running flat, in front of my unit so I can adjust the gain. Theoretically should work, will see if I'm happy with the sound

Yes, its a good idea and you can do some frequency shaping for different PU‘s.
I built a little FET Preamp for my FM3! But you have to connect another box, need 9V Power and have a more noisy Input then the extreme high quality Input Amp of the Fractal.

The AX8 used to have knobs for Bass Treble and gain, much like a traditional amp would have.
These AXFXIII ABCDE knobs could be bass / mid / Treble / Gain and... Level out.? Mmm I'm thinking I might try that.
I'm always messing with the level out when recording.

Any ideas for putting them to good use, to suggest to FAS?
Controlling I/O levels that don't have dedicated hardware knobs might be a useful thing. Like USB levels for example. I have it on the global performance page now, but having it accessible from home screen could be more convenient in studio context. Another one is instrument input level. Fast access would be convenient, when switching guitars while using the same preset. Again, this mostly applies in studio context where the unit is in reach. There might be more elegant solutions in live situation.

Making the knobs functions freely customizable would be nice.

The AX8 used to have knobs for Bass Treble and gain, much like a traditional amp would have.
These AXFXIII ABCDE knobs could be bass / mid / Treble / Gain and... Level out.? Mmm I'm thinking I might try that.
I'm always messing with the level out when recording.
These are on the default Global Perform Page.

No apologies needed... I'm not 100% sure since they were added in a Firmware Update after I had the Axe Fx III for some time, but mine both pages were empty on my unit.

I have only 1 control there that I added.

It's definitely a good use case for those controls.

It would be nice to have gain/b/m/t/level for the current (or first) amp, but I wonder if that stops you being able to assign modifiers. One thing I don’t like is how a modifier takes over a control so you can’t edit it even with axe edit.

It would be nice to have gain/b/m/t/level for the current (or first) amp, but I wonder if that stops you being able to assign modifiers. One thing I don’t like is how a modifier takes over a control so you can’t edit it even with axe edit.
But how would it work otherwise?

Think of a modifier like someone with their fingers on the knob. There's no room for you to also put your fingers on there to adjust it (plus the other person is holding it where they want it).. you need to remove those fingers (modifier) to be able to move.

Think of a modifier like someone with their fingers on the knob. There's no room for you to also put your fingers on there to adjust it (plus the other person is holding it where they want it).. you need to remove those fingers (modifier) to be able to move.
True, except for continuous controllers. That’s more like wind blowing on a windmill from multiple sources. But you’re right, I don’t think there’s a better way to do it, it just bothers me!

EDIT: the relevance being that if these knobs defaulted to anything, I wouldn’t want to dig around trying to unmap them if I wanted to assign my own modifier to those things.

Off the top of my head, I've never seen a device that works like the Axe-FX where the remote control monopolizes the parameter. Usually, even if you have a remote control assigned, you can still edit the parameter with the editor knob. The last one used wins. Turning on PC Reset in the modifier settings allows you to edit the modified parameter, but only until there is modifier input...then you again lose the ability to edit.

Modulation, on the other hand, almost always works by summing the modulator with the parameter value. This is especially useful with LFO's and envelopes. I'd even call the way the modifier monopolizes the parameter value in the Axe-FX kind of strange.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom