Using knobs B-C-D-E on Home page?

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
If you haven't assigned knobs B, C, D and E as manual controllers to anything, their "turn" function (not: push) on the Home page goes totally unused.
That seems like a waste.

Any ideas for putting them to good use, to suggest to FAS?

If you haven't assigned knobs B, C, D and E as manual controllers to anything, their "turn" function (not: push) on the Home page goes totally unused.
That seems like a waste.
Any ideas for putting them to good use, to suggest to FAS?
I wasnt aware you could assign them to anything - where do you set them up? AxeEdit? or only on the unit?

I just looked into the manual controllers because I also didn't know that was a thing, very cool! However, the fact that I have to page over to the manual controllers page to make it work isn't the best experience. Maybe B,C,D,E turns from home could let you control manual controllers 2-5 without needing to go to the manual controllers page on the front panel?

If I looked that up incorrectly and/or am saying anything not correct, my bad :)

Another thought is potentially having B,C,D,E adjust the first 4 things in your performance page? or something along those lines.

I can imagine assigning delay speed and feedback for the mono tape, to get sounds similar to what Tommy Bolin used in Cobham’s Stratus. We can already assign them to foot controllers, but the audience likes seeing us interact directly with our hands.

It'd be nice if we could embed a block in the grid, similar to the MIDI block, that would tell the front panel to switch to a specific screen on scene and/or preset changes. Then we could automatically switch to the Manual screen if we wanted.

It'd be even nicer if the B-E knobs automatically enabled if there was something defined on them by a block in that scene.

Last edited:
..potentially having B,C,D,E adjust the first 4 things in your performance page? or something along those lines.
Or just let them mirror controls 2 through 5 on the performance page. That way, you don’t have to relearn where they are. User gets to decide whether they come from the global or per-preset performance page.

Optionally: make them completely user-assignable, switch by switch.

when you start turning the B, the “labels” corresponding to the knobs changes so that:
  • B: select block
  • Based on the block selected: C,D,E basic controls like a real amp (L,M,T) or real pedal (drive, tone, volume OR mix, depth, rate OR time, mix, feedback…)

If I want to use the controls on the unit I’ll usually start by paging over to one of the Perform tabs. That makes more sense to me than adding more home page functions. But the idea above of doubling them to the Perform tab options … maybe. Could work.

Press Home, then Page Right, to get to the Preset List.
Wow. I’ve actually cycled through this list before while still using the Value knob which doesn’t make it any faster. I’m just now realizing that if you use the Nav buttons, you can skip across the tops of the pages. That’s what I was looking for. Thank you!

Press Home, then Page Right, to get to the Preset List.

Press home, then press x times page right to finally get to the list. Why do the performance screens sit in the middle of the two screens that allow to go to a different preset?
Never thought about it, but I don't see the idea now. You always have to cross the performance screens. The preset sekection screen should be right next to the main screen instead.

When on the preset screen pressing left or right jumps -12 or +12 presets, which means I can't just jump -10/ +10 and I need reading glasses to look where I got to.
I'd like a setting where I could change the behavior of the up/down knobs on the main screen to go +10/-10 presets instead of changing the scene, there is knob a already to change the scene.

About the manual modifiers: They are left over from former generations that did not have the performance screens? Now they are not useful anymore but someone could still be using them, so they are there...

If they were global manual modifiers they’d be useful, but I don’t see what they add that the performance screens doesn’t already cover.

Because the Performance screens are intended for... performance. So you need to get to them quickly.

Yes, it seems so. But...

Once you reach a performance screen the system stays there even when you change the preset via footboard. So it don't matters where they are as long as you use a footboard.

When editing at home I don't use a footboard but that's when I want to change presets by hand.

Yes, it seems so. But...

Once you reach a performance screen the system stays there even when you change the preset via footboard. So it don't matters where they are as long as you use a footboard.

When editing at home I don't use a footboard but that's when I want to change presets by hand.
I hear you. But you can still wind up on the Home page, or a Layout page, or elsewhere, depending on what you have to do. The system is designed to let you get back to performance as quickly as possible.

When you're editing at home, Axe-Edit can get you to a random preset faster than any other method.

Back
Top Bottom