using keyboard sustain pedal as External Switch, works but....

randombastage

Experienced
I have it set up in external switch 1 of the MFC-101 and I have it assigned to the bypass of the tremelo effect cc#90.
It works fine but anytime you change presets the Pan block starts out as ON instead of bypassed, bypassed being the way I have it saved in all my presets.

I have the parameters of the XS1 reversed in the MFC-101 midi page for that switch so that at rest the Pan block is bypassed and only when holding the pedal down the effect is on. Once you call up a preset with the tremelo effect you can tap the sustain pedal and it bypasses the block and from then on it works beautifully letting me bring in the tremelo with a press and bypassing whenever you lift but it won't start out bypassed when you change presets.

I have it set up as a momentary in the MFC-101 Setup page and on the Midi page the Switch Type is set to Hardware Follow although I've tried setting it up as Auto Off and Toggle but that doesn't help.
It seems like there should be a setting that lets the newly called up preset remain in it's normal saved state but I'm not seeing one that helps in this case.
The MFC-101 XS1 Global and Per Preset settings don't help either.

The sustain pedal is only a two wire type and I tried soldering the "hot" wire to the other location on the board in the pedal housing but with only two wires I think that was a waste of time since it's either open or shut..there is no common or third leg...anyway that had no effect. Would switching the ground and hot do anything? My guess is no since it's either a normally open or normally closed switch (not sure at this time) the same condition is going to exist regardless of which wire is at the tip and sleeve.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom