Using Input 2 for 2 single instruments

djidoe

Inspired
Hi I want to use Input #2 Left on my FM3 to plug my acoustic guitar and plug my keyboard to Input #2 Right.

Now, I want to use separate Rows on Axe Edit to to process each instrument on his own path... A Reverb Block on my acoustic guitar and a DELAY block on my keyboard.

Now I know I have to split the signal coming from Input #2 (probably using the MIXER block) but I cannot figure how to set it properly. Is my MIXER have to be mono or stereo ?

And how to set up Row Gain and Row Balance in the MIXER Block ?

Finally, I want to 2 Rows to join on a single Output #1

Thanks for helpingFM3Edit.jpg

Try using Vol/Pan blocks instead of Mixer.

Set Input Select on one to Left Only, and the other to Right Only.

The mixer setting shown should have also worked, with the other mixer's Row 2 Balance and main *Balance set R and everything else the same. Check that Input 2 Mode = STEREO in the I/O: Audio menu.

*Note that you don't need to set mixer or vol/pan final balance L/R to simply run through different effects. If you want separate L/R signals at Out 1 this might accomplish something. Reverb and some delay types sum to mono at the effect engine input, so you might have to balance those later blocks L/R anyway in this example.

Thanks guys !

It is working now !

The problem was my input 2 was on SUML+R... in stereo mode it’s working good now !

Thanks again

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom