using inbound (Rx) Program Change

DTownSMR

Inspired
I've been using the MFC-101( -> Axe Fx II) by programming sets on it. I'm now using my tablet to display songs. So switching songs requires me to use the Bluetooth foot pedal to advance the the tablet app to the next song and then use the MFC-101 to switch Axe-Fx patches. Therefore, I'd like to have the tablet app send a PC command to the MFC-101 to select the Axe-Fx preset but still have the ability to use the MFC-101 with a SET configured that the MFC-101 can navigate should I need to override anything last minute. :cool:

I originally tried to have the tablet app change the Axe and that worked OK but because I'm in SET mode the Axe change didn't get reflected on the MFC (TotalSync isn't supported in SET mode :-( ). That's why I'm trying to send the PC to the MFC.

I've turned on Receive Program Change (set MFC-101 to channel 2 - the Axe is on channel 1), turned off MIDI thru in the Axe but doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried it with/without a bank select CC message.

Anyone else been successful with something similar or have any ideas to try? TIA

Hi there, did you ever get this to work?

I can get incoming MIDI PC messages to the MFC change patches in Song 1 of a set, but if I change to the next song any program change messages revert the MFC back to song 1 in the set, does that make sense?

So basically is there a way to via MIDI to change to song 2, song 3 etc in a set?

The MFC Mk3 is connected to an Axe FXII XL+

Back
Top Bottom