Using in scene mode

1960lespaul

I am using the FM3 in scene mode so there is no drop out when switching. I'm not getting a drop out but there is a noticeable lag before it switches. Is this normal? Is there adjustment I can make?

The channel switching speed on the amp block is not quite on par yet with the Axe III. I think it probably will be with a few more FW updates. I hope anyway.
In the meantime, I'm using a Scene Controller on the Amp Block Input Drive to go from clean to dirt. Did the same on the AX8. No lag, no gap.

That's just how it is at the moment. I have the same issue and it's really frustrating. For whatever reason, there's more of a lag when switching amp channels with the channel switch vs. switching channels via scene changes. Either way, it doesn't seem to bother some people, but it really gets me.

The Scene controller idea is a good workaround if you wanna go from clean to crunchy, but not if you wanna go from clean to really high gain. At least, none of the high gain amp models I've tried sound great with the input gain backed way down. Besides, the whole point of scenes and channels is to be able to switch seamlessly between different amps and effects. Really hoping this gets addressed soon.

Same problem here with my Fm3. Gap/drop out when switching from scene to scene (different amp models). Very different from my axe3...so disappointed at the moment 😩

Same problem here with my Fm3. Gap/drop out when switching from scene to scene (different amp models). Very different from my axe3...so disappointed at the moment 😩

my scene changes improved a lot with firmware 1.06... not sure if it was an intended feature, but be sure to be in the latest firmware

I truly love my FM3, but there is a lag switching in scenes and it is noticeable in a band setting. I have to hit the switch a bit earlier than I'd like, so I'm hoping a future update will fix this as well.

this is all known. it's been stated multiple times over time that the FM3 will be updated to be as fast as possible in the future.

the FM3 isn't a "mini Axe3." it's an FM3.

Got 1.06 firmware... 😡 This Fm3 isn’t an axe3 mini... yet...hope...

Sorry to say but it isn't and it won't. The FM3 dev team will try to port as many things from the Big boy as they can within the FM3's own limitations, but as Cliff said: "There's a reason why it costs half the price of an Axe FX III".

Once you realize this either you live with it or search for a more powerful solution (AFX III) if your needs demand for it.

Back
Top Bottom