Using headphones from "Phones output" without the guitar coming through?

Cobrango

Power User
Hi,

I've been searching and searching and I can't find out how to do this. Basically I've just bought Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2 and Jam origins midi guitar 2, and now I want to use them with fl studio 12.

I'm using "Phones" in my axe-fx II for monitoring using headphones, but I want to listen to the synths only without the guitar signal on top. I've come to the conclusion that I somehow have to use output 2 but I can't get output 2 routed to the "Phones" output for using headphones.

I'm using axe-fx II as a soundcard and for recording and playback etc. through usb. I'm using "Instr", the front one, for my guitar input.

How would you go about this?

Best regards, me.

Oh by the way I'm kind of excited because I'm going to spend the next three weeks recording my first album :D Finally I have a nice setup to get started :)

Cheers!

Headphone jack will always have the same signal as Out 1. Guitar can be sent to Out 2 instead of Out 1 by routing it to the FX Loop block instead of output block (end of grid).

This is starting to drive me crazy, could any admins chime in?

Basically it looks like I have to use output 1 to be able to use Phones for my headset, but if I turn up Phones then my guitar goes directly to the headphones. I don't want that, I want to use the axe-fx as a soundcard and Phones for my main output, but it looks like I have to use output 2. I've tried to select output 2 as the main usb source, but I can't get output 2 routed to Phones.

I just want to the guitar signal to go into my DAW without having to listen to the guitar signal going direct as well. If i mute the channel which my guitar goes into in the DAW I still hear the guitar because it goes directly to output 1 which have to use to get anything to sound in the Phones output for the headset.

Halp.

If you route guitar to FX Loop block without connecting FXL to end of grid, you can get guitar at Output 2 only. Then your computer playback will be the only thing heard at Out 1 & headphones.

Set USB/Digi Out Source to Output 2 to record guitar on USB channels 1/2 with that routing. If you need to place FXL in column 12, set its output level to -80 dB. (Or alternatively, set FXL and output mixer row balance oppositely to mute it completely instead of almost completely.)

If you route guitar to FX Loop block without connecting FXL to end of grid, you can get guitar at Output 2 only. Then your computer playback will be the only thing heard at Out 1 & headphones.

Set USB/Digi Out Source to Output 2 to record guitar on USB channels 1/2 with that routing. If you need to place FXL in column 12, set its output level to -80 dB. (Or alternatively, set FXL and output mixer row balance oppositely to mute it completely instead of almost completely.)

Thanks! I was actually onto it, but I had the axe-fx being monitored in windows, omg. not in the daw, lol. thank you very much, it works now :)

Back
Top Bottom