Using FX8 as a basic MIDI controller for III

no midi block needed or present in this preset.. can all be done in the config and footswitch menus in FX8 Edit...very cool indeed..I will experiment with it later prolly and see whats up..
Interesting, since that manual page above says no CCs are sent without a midi block... But glad you got it working.

Once you're happy, maybe write up what you did so others can benefit?

Last edited:
no midi block needed or present in this preset.. can all be done in the config and footswitch menus in FX8 Edit...very cool indeed..I will experiment with it later prolly and see whats up..
Cool. That is what I was trying to describe. I haven't plugged in my FX8 in months and have been thinking of selling it since all I use lately is my Axe-FX III these days. I just couldn't remember where you go to set which program and/or CC you want to send when you do the scene change.

Every FX8 Scene can (but must´nt) send an PC# and an CC# (with ON/OFF value). This let you remote 128 Program Changes and all 8 Scenes. Furthermore you can assign up to 2 MIDI Footswitch Blocks per FX8 Preset, you can f.ex. assign as IA Switches. Theoretically 2 MIDI footswitch Blocks * X/Y = 4 remotable IA switches (for FX bypass or FX channels), but in Praxis X/Y is unusable, because it losts SYNC, because ON/OFF switching affects X and Y state of the MIDI footwsitch block, but only effects the MIDI CC# value send out of the current X or Y state. This should be improved, Footswitch Blocks should not follow signal path Blocks behaviour! Also both MIDI Blcoks 1 and 2 should be renamed in the Footswitch view: INSTEAD "MID", the should be renamed to maybe M1 and M2 to guarantee unique display Names in the [FS] tab.

Anyone know for sure if you can change say 4 scenes and 4 stomps with a Helix controlling the Axe 3 without terrible difficulty?
Then I would be using my backup pedal as my Axe 3 controller... hehehe.

Back
Top Bottom