Using external tuner (pedal) not in front of the axe fx

Hey guys, I would like to use an external tuner (pedal), but I don’t want to plug it in front of the axe fx. I read somewhere that I could use the fx loop for this or something like that. Does anyone know how to do it or have another way to do it.

thank you

On the grid layout, place an FX Send block on one of the left most block positions. Using this block activates sound output on the Output 2 jacks on the back of the unit.

On the back of the Axe FX, run a cable from Output 2 Left to your Tuner's input. This is the dry signal from your guitar. Adjust the Output 2 level knob to taste.

This set up is assuming you don't need the output of the tuner pedal to go back into the Axe. The pedal is just receiving a signal, not outputting one.

On the grid layout, place an FX Send block on one of the left most block positions. Using this block activates sound output on the Output 2 jacks on the back of the unit.

On the back of the Axe FX, run a cable from Output 2 Left to your Tuner's input. This is the dry signal from your guitar. Adjust the Output 2 level knob to taste.

This set up is assuming you don't need the output of the tuner pedal to go back into the Axe. The pedal is just receiving a signal, not outputting one.
Excellent, thank you very much!!

What If I want to have signal sent to external tuner, but no volume coming out of the axe fx, just like when we use the tuner on the mfc.

Set the Block OUTPUT VOLUME to -80db and bypass to Thru. So, if the Block is active, it sents the dry guitar signal (assuming FX LOOP is first Block in Grid) to the tuner (Turn hardware frontpanel knob to MAX, set sending levels in the Block all to 0db, so you`ll have Unity gain running into the tuner), but no signal leave the block to the rest of the chain. When bypass, the signal runs into your chain...

Set the Block OUTPUT VOLUME to -80db and bypass to Thru. So, if the Block is active, it sents the dry guitar signal (assuming FX LOOP is first Block in Grid) to the tuner (Turn hardware frontpanel knob to MAX, set sending levels in the Block all to 0db, so you`ll have Unity gain running into the tuner), but no signal leave the block to the rest of the chain. When bypass, the signal runs into your chain...
Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom