Using External Switch to Switch Between Scene 1 and 2

KevinP

Inspired
Hi All, I've setup Scene 1 in all my patches as the primary and Scene 2 as my solo patch (some boost/comp/delay). I have FS1-4 as patches and 5-8 as FX/Scene Control. However I sing and would like to have an easier way than reaching up to FS8 and getting my foot in the right place so I have an external latching FS (currently in external FS 3) I can use for flipping between Scene 1 and 2. I can't figure out how to make this work, any ideas on how I can assign this, will make my life a lot easier.

-Kevin

An external switch can't switch scenes. You can only do stuff you can assign a modifier to, like engaging blocks, engaging the boost inside the amp block, engaging delay or reverb hold and so on. If you want to switch scenes you need a midi controller, like the Morningstar MC6.

Yes, it can, Johan.

In I/O > CTRL you can assign a connected pedal (which includes switches) to SCENE INC and SCENE DEC.

But not to SCENE 1/2, it seems.

Ah, indeed. I stand corrected :). Having Scene 1/2 would be very useful though for an external switch function.

If you assign an external switch to SCENE SELECT it will toggle between Scene 1 and 8
An hidden feature that works like Scene 1/2
I've tried this and it doesn't seem to work for me. The Ax8 never changes. I have a little mission single switch - when I test the range of motion it shows values of 0 and 1 and I've tried setting it to latching, continuous and momentary but the scene change never happens in the patches once exit I/O mode and try to test. Thanks for suggestions so far!

I've tried this and it doesn't seem to work for me. The Ax8 never changes. I have a little mission single switch - when I test the range of motion it shows values of 0 and 1 and I've tried setting it to latching, continuous and momentary but the scene change never happens in the patches once exit I/O mode and try to test. Thanks for suggestions so far!
Make sure your pedal is not assigned to anything else in the Control list at the same time. The external pedal inputs default EXTERNAL 1 - 4. This will interfere with any other assignments.

Make sure your pedal is not assigned to anything else in the Control list at the same time. The external pedal inputs default EXTERNAL 1 - 4. This will interfere with any other assignments.
In I/O I have External 3 > Pedal 3 and then Scene Select > Pedal 3

Nothing else on the page is set to Pedal 3. Doesn't seem to work though.

In I/O I have External 3 > Pedal 3 and then Scene Select > Pedal 3

Nothing else on the page is set to Pedal 3. Doesn't seem to work though.
Yes, that won't work. The External 3 will override the Scene Select.

Yes, that won't work. The External 3 will override the Scene Select.
OK, that was the default so I didn't think to change it (and don't necessarily understand the logic - but it works so no worries). Thanks for the help.
Feature request to allow external to do Scene 1/2 swap? I can now use this method and just modify patches but don't have a visual indicator on the Ax8 which state it is - I did have Button 8 set to do this which gave me a visual indicator which state i was in. For now I'm making button 8 map to Scene 8 globally but it doesn't flip back and forth, so basically just sacrificing button 8 to have a visual. I could also get a pedal with a light but then have to worry about batteries I think... Either way I'll get by just a nice to have.

Thanks Joe and all who assisted.

Last edited:
ANYBODY HAS ANY LUCK GETTING axe fx 11 TO CHANGE CHANNELS ON A 5150 111?
Do you want to make the Axe switch channels on a real amp? I don't think it does that. it does not have relays. The FX8 does.

You can however make a preset with different XY settings in the amp block in different scenes and use a pedal to switch between scenes. But there is no real amp involved then.

Back
Top Bottom