Using Ernie Ball Volume Pedal to control Wah

whitla

Hi Everyone,

I've plugged in my Ernie ball Volume pedal into Expression Slot 1 on my MFC100. I calibrated the pedal but it seems to be by default controlling volume. I have it configured to control the wah which it is doing but the volume is going up and down two.

Is there a way to have the volume pedal function turned off?

Thanks for any help with this.

It sounds like you set External Control 1 to the same CC# as Output 1 Volume at the Axe I/O: CTRL page. You can either

A. set Output 1 Volume to NONE, or

B. set Ext Ctrl 1 back to 16 then either change XP1 to CC#016 on the MFC, or (easier) just use the XP2 port.

Thanks for the replies.

Plugging into XP2 worked great!
Also good to see where output 1 is controlled.

Thanks guys!

Since the EB's have an audio taper pot, they don't make a very good expression pedal stock. There are some pretty good and easy to follow directions you can find on this forum (sorry don't have the thread bookmarked) that show how to replace the pot with a proper linear taper one. Turns the pedal into a fantastic expression pedal with full range of control

That would be cool or. . . I could just get a dedicated good quality expression pedal.

Got any suggestions on a good expression pedal with a nice wide sweetspot of sweeping?

I had a look on the forum for threads on "best expression pedal" but could not find the definitive one.

I found this on the axeFX wiki site but not many are suggested there.

List of suggested Axe-Fx accessories - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki

Well if you don't mind the huge size, the Boss ones are really nice, but just too honking big for my taste

Mission makes very nice ones in a Crybaby style housing, which I personally prefer for things like wah and whammy (spring loaded with auto engage is awesome) but for swells, modulation etc, they just don't have a wide enough sweep range

The pedal with the nicest sweep range, which simply feels great under foot, and that is pretty nice and compact is the EB VP Jr

You can pick them up for about $50 on Ebay, sometimes less if it has a bad pot. The replacement Honeywell linear pots are $16 or so, and then you just need a single TRS jack (beats 2 cables) and your in business

The pedal with the nicest sweep range, which simply feels great under foot, and that is pretty nice and compact is the EB VP Jr

You can pick them up for about $50 on Ebay, sometimes less if it has a bad pot. The replacement Honeywell linear pots are $16 or so, and then you just need a single TRS jack (beats 2 cables) and your in business

I agree about the EB Jnr. Any advice as to which of the Honeywell pots is best?

Back
Top Bottom