Using Effects Only (no sound)

I want to use effects like delay and reverb with a particular amp (Taurus amp). I have the AxeFx II running into the effects in and out of the amp. If I have an amp or cab active in the Axe, you can hear everything... but when I remove them and have only the effects (and there are shunts/cables present... a solid line from input to output) there is no sound. I'm sure it's something very minor.

In fact... there was another time when I had my guitar plugged into a Carvin Legacy Vai Drive... and direct to the Axe... and when I remove the amp and cab there was no sound. If I had one of them (amp or cab) you can hear sound. I simply wanted to use the cab sim in the Drive pedal and not any of the amps or cabs in the Axe... but I cannot get it to work.

How are you running into and out of the Axe Fx? Using the FXLoop? If so, make sure your Output 2 is turned up. Both Amp and Cab blocks add a lot of level.

I'll get a screenshot later today. I'm not using the Axe Fx loop. I"m using the loop on my amp. I don't like the sound when my amp goes into the Axe. Regardless, it's a basic send and return from my amp and you can hear everything IF I have either an amp and/or a cab active. Once I double-click on them (to get rid of them) you can't hear any effects.

IN FACT, if I run an amp or pre-amp direct to the Axe (not in the effect return) the same thing happens. You hear everything until I double click (to turn off) the amp and cab in the Axe. I need one or the other (or both) to be engaged to hear anything.

Create a new blank preset and add a row of shunts from the Input to the Output. No blocks. If you are using Output 1, turn the OUT1 knob up to 100%, so that you pass the amp’s signal from In to Out without any attenuation or boost (something known as unity gain).

If that sounds like it should, then you can start adding effect blocks.

OK... I figured it out... as simple as this may sound. When there is an active amp and you double click on it... it goes mute (or however you want to describe it... but the amp no longer is in the chain). This is where my problem is... I needed to replace the amp box with a shunt. Duh!

OK... I figured it out... as simple as this may sound. When there is an active amp and you double click on it... it goes mute (or however you want to describe it... but the amp no longer is in the chain). This is where my problem is... I needed to replace the amp box with a shunt. Duh!
Or set the bypass mode of the amp block to ''THRU''.

Back
Top Bottom