Using different amps in Scenes ?

Jackp

Inspired
Hey guys I don't no if you can or not . Say your set up to do scenes 1 thru 5
Ok when I select Scene 3 for instance can I use a different amp in that Scene. I've tried to use a different amp but when I change scenes , the new amp is in every scene . I don't know if this something Cliff could write into a update or not , or maybe you can and iam doing something right
Thanks Jack
love my XL +

Last edited:
You can use different amps on X and Y and have either one the active amp for that scene.

If you use two amp blocks, you can enable one / disable the other per scene.

Along with X/Y that gives you 4 possible.

You can use different amps on X and Y and have either one the active amp for that scene.

If you use two amp blocks, you can enable one / disable the other per scene.

Along with X/Y that gives you 4 possible.
Iam not real familiar with how the x y works on the Ax fx

Iam not real familiar with how the x y works on the Ax fx

You choose whether or not each block is "X" or "Y" per scene. These are two independent settings for the block. "X" is one set of settings, "Y" is another.

(And whether or not the block is bypassed per scene too.)

If you are using AxeEdit, select the scene, choose X or Y from the lower left menu, then save the preset.

Just be aware that switching the X/Y state of an amp block will incur a small audio gap. If you want it seamless, use two amp blocks.

When you set up a scene with a different amp switch it to x or y state correct
If you don't want a gap, use two amp blocks instead of x/y...

If it doesn't bother you, then yes, select either X or Y for each scene as you desire.

Agreed... no matter how you put it, there's a gap when you switch between X/Y. Use scene.
You are missing the point, I think.

Switching amp block x/y whether using scenes or not has a gap. If you don't want a gap, use two amp blocks regardless of how you choose to switch amps.

Back
Top Bottom