Using de-tuna on full step low guitar

Guys, I'm having problems with a de-tuna on one of my EVH Steath guitars...its tuned 1 full step low.
I nor my very experienced luthier can get it exact.

We've tried 9 - 42 and 10 - 46 strings...not working. I do have perfect success with my other same
EVH model going 1/2 step low.

Anyones experience w/ this tuning would be appreciated. thx

Sorry, can't help with the actual fix, but maybe another trouble shooting step. Since you know your other EVH works a half step, have you tried setting this one up a half step down to see if that fixes the problem? If not it's probably a defective component, and not the setup.

Just a thought.

Perhaps you might need to bump up to a heavier gauge, like .11's or .12's, to compensate for the lower tuning? I pretty much stick to standard tuning nowadays, but I remember years ago when I used to tune down a whole step to play a lot of Motley songs it was always a bear for me to get dialed in right. FWIW I've had my EVH for a couple of months now. I spent a few weeks being aggravated with the D-Tuna and took it off. Then I put it back on and spent some more time with it and I've finally got it working right.

#1 on the bigger strings. 2 silly questions, but they are sometimes easy to overlook...1. are the strings FULLY stretched before locking down the floyd? 2. Are the strings relatively new? My dtuna works well until the strings get old.

Back
Top Bottom