using cabs? cabnet modeling,power amp modeling? in single persets

boardwlk17

Power User
Does anyone ever use cabs when your using a power amp and guitar cabs (Marshall) ?
As far as globle cabinet modeling? Is it eather on or off for all presets or can you have individual presets have power amp ,cabinet modeling ON and OFF
How do you do it?

You can turn SAG to zero to disable power amp simulation for the preset.
As for cab not sure I get it. Just drop the cab block I guess.

As Sprada says, if you're using a guitar amp head then turn the Sag to zero. If you're using a guitar cab, as opposed to an FRFR cab, then:

Switch the cab sims off in the Global Menu, or
Bypass or just don't have cabs in your presets.​

I hope that this helps.

I'm getting it, if you have presets for power amp/speaker cabs=power amp modeling,cabinet modeling OFF
PRESETS for Recording or fr/fr power amp modeling,cabinet modeling ON
DO YOU just turn the GLOBLE cab,power amp modeling on or off for what your doing at the time or DO YOU program it in each preset?

This is up to you.

You could have presets that you use for recording with everything on.

Now for use with real cabs you could have:

presets without any cabs blocks.

Presets with cab blocks that are bypassed.

Turn the cab sims off in the Global Menu, all the cab sims will be turned off throughout the Axe.​

The issue may be your power amp modelling. If I have to use a guitar amp, as I use global amp blocks (1987x,at the moment) in my main use presets, it makes life easier. As they are global I can turn the power amp sim off and it will happen to every 1987x (or whatever amp) that is linked to Global Amp 1.

So in the unlikely event that my power amp and FRFR speakers blow up, all I need to do is:

1. Wheel out the back up combo and plug into the effects return.

2. Go to the Global Menu and turn my cab sims off.

3. Got to my preset and turn the Sag down and save it.

4. Carry on rocking, safe in the knowledge that Saint Cliff has thought of these things to make our lives easier.​

btw, I hope you're not going straight into a desk. If you are i have another solution for you.

I hope this all helps.

Cabs I always leave off, but the SAG I always leave on when using a tube power amp ( Fryette 2:90:2 ). I think the "book" says to turn off the SAG when using a real tube amp but I think it sounds much better with the SAG on.

Chuck

I have a Matrix gt1000 FX amp into Marshall 4x12 cabs, I have a Tascam 2488, M-auido into pt8 . Just trying to get everything sorted out.not sure if I need to make presets for playing live, totally redo presets for recording or just turn on cabinet,power amp modeling on. Its just taking me a while to play out live with the axe

If you're using a GT1000FX, first of all may I congratulate you on your good taste. Secondly, don't touch the power amp sag. The 1000 is geared up to work with the power amp sims.

Back
Top Bottom