Using Cab-Lab 3 to Quickly Audition IR's - How?

Warrior

Power User
I should know this but I cannot figure out how to use Cab-Lab to audition IR cab packs quickly without loading into my Axe.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

after selecting axe fx model to connect, select browser, select browse, select file to audition, set to scratch pad of choice, use mouse or arrow keys to switch from one file to the next.

Yes. Connect to your Axe-Fx. Go to browser mode. Search for the right IR folder. Press AUTO button.

What this does is choose the scratchpad on your Axe-Fx as the cab being used and then automatically loads the chosen IR to the scratchpad. So choose the first IR and press down or up with your arrow keys. Easy as that. :)

Read the manual several times. Saw a few spots where it mentioned a particular function was useful for auditioning IR's. If the specific directions are within the pages of the manual, I missed them.

after selecting axe fx model to connect, select browser, select browse, select file to audition, set to scratch pad of choice, use mouse or arrow keys to switch from one file to the next.

Yes. Connect to your Axe-Fx. Go to browser mode. Search for the right IR folder. Press AUTO button.

What this does is choose the scratchpad on your Axe-Fx as the cab being used and then automatically loads the chosen IR to the scratchpad. So choose the first IR and press down or up with your arrow keys. Easy as that. :)

Thanks guys!

Not sure why but I have a 3rd party can pack that was converted from Wav to Syx using Cab-Lab and the folder will not load into the browser.

you can browse the syx files with axe edit just like browsing wav files in cab lab. cab lab uses wav files and it converts them when you send them to the axe fx.

Does anybody have any idea why, when I audition IRs this way via Cab-Lab, the volume drops compared to what's in the AFX preset?

To me, Cab-Lab is the most confusing thing since the MFC. But at least with the MFC I had no other choice but to figure out how to use it.

Back
Top Bottom