using both Output 1s?

jasonmauer

Inspired
Hi everyone, new AxeFX II owner here (and loving it) with a question about output. I've been running 1/4" to my power amp from Output 1. During rehearsal I also plug into the XLRs to connect to the mixer for recording. When I do so, I lose the signal to the 1/4" jacks. Is this by design or do I have something configured wrong? Any setting to enable both the 1/4" and XLR jacks for Output 1?

Related question -- if I can't use the 1/4" jacks for Output 1 at the same time as the XLRs, is there a global setting for copying Output 1 to Output 2? I found a copy setting in the I/O menu, but that appears to be a per-patch setting.

Yes, 1/4 get cut off as I believe both outs are in parallel.

And no, the COPY OUT1->OUT2 in the I/O menu is global, not per preset. Set that ON and you will have OUT1 copied to OUT2 and can use both sets of outputs.

Hi everyone, new AxeFX II owner here (and loving it) with a question about output. I've been running 1/4" to my power amp from Output 1. During rehearsal I also plug into the XLRs to connect to the mixer for recording. When I do so, I lose the signal to the 1/4" jacks. Is this by design or do I have something configured wrong? Any setting to enable both the 1/4" and XLR jacks for Output 1?

Related question -- if I can't use the 1/4" jacks for Output 1 at the same time as the XLRs, is there a global setting for copying Output 1 to Output 2? I found a copy setting in the I/O menu, but that appears to be a per-patch setting.

I haven't tried this, but it must be new to the II, you could do it with the original axe-fxs and they were wired in parallel.

Yes, 1/4 get cut off as I believe both outs are in parallel.

And no, the COPY OUT1->OUT2 in the I/O menu is global, not per preset. Set that ON and you will have OUT1 copied to OUT2 and can use both sets of outputs.

Cool, thanks for the help!

-j

Actually now that I think about it. I use both 1/4 and XLR outs all the time. No sp[ecial setup both just work. I have 1/4 to poweramp/cab, xlrs to FOH. I'm playing them both at the same time right now.

I would think that both should work at the same time????? Both outs work at the same time on the Ultra. I guess I haven't hooked it up that way yet with the II, but I would expect to be able to use the 1/4" and XLR outs at the same time.

I would think that both should work at the same time????? Both outs work at the same time on the Ultra. I guess I haven't hooked it up that way yet with the II, but I would expect to be able to use the 1/4" and XLR outs at the same time.

they do on mine.

This actually caught me out at a gig a couple of weeks ago!

I play in a charity band (raising money for cancer research) and we've been lucky to have a pro sound guy donate his services to us, with full pa etc for our gigs. With him, I've been running both output 1s - Xlr to his console and 1/4" jack to my atomic, with no problems.

The last gig a couple of weeks back, he couldn't make it and we ended up using a cheaper (but still not bad) PA that our singer has bought. I had the same problem as the OP - no output (actually, very little output) to the atomic via the 1/4" jack. Setup was exactly the same as I've been using with our 'pro' sound man. Didnt have time to figure out why, so just ended up using both outputs.

Very odd!

Last edited:
I use the XLR's connected to a Fireface UFX with outs to Adam7's along with the 1/4's to Atomic Wedges all the time. Did so with the Ultra as well.

Both outputs should work simultaneously. They are actually buffered so even if you shorted one it shouldn't affect the other.

Back
Top Bottom