Using boss fs5u and the pedal input... Presets?

theo

Experienced
With my axe fx 2 I would use a boss fs5u to swap between my lead and rhythm presets on stage, I loved it because it's so small, I can have it right up against a foldback wedge with no problem.

I'm trying to achieve the same setup with my AX8 and cannot seem to find any option to use the pedal input to change presets? I'd like to do this so that my AX8 can sit to the side of the stage (safe from my vocalist or from crowd members with beers).

Am I missing something or is this not supported?

Chris, I am using a momentary push button (housed in a foot switch) to cycle my presets. However I limited that cycle from preset 0 to preset 1 (my rhythm and lead patches) so that it effectively just swaps between the two.

I don't have access to my Axe Fx 2 right now as I'm at work, but I can get specifics for you tonight once I'm home (approx 8 hours).

Chris, I am using a momentary push button (housed in a foot switch) to cycle my presets. However I limited that cycle from preset 0 to preset 1 (my rhythm and lead patches) so that it effectively just swaps between the two.

I don't have access to my Axe Fx 2 right now as I'm at work, but I can get specifics for you tonight once I'm home (approx 8 hours).
i think i know what you mean, i don't have an Axe near me for a while now. i believe that was taken out of the AX8 due to footswitches being built in. you may need a MIDI footswitch, like the Morningstar MC6 or similar.

That would be unfavourable for me as it would then require additional power etc.

Whereas the fs5u is just a momentary switch in a housing, the only requirement is a guitar lead running from the pedal to the Axe fx 2, clean and simple.
If the capabilities are there I'll put it in as a wishlist item.

I managed to get an old momentary keyboard pedal to switch x/y amp states. So I guess you should be able to make it do other stuff too. Search through the global menus and you might find a sollution.

Attachments

• IMG_5686.JPG
    IMG_5686.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 22
I managed to get an old momentary keyboard pedal to switch x/y amp states. So I guess you should be able to make it do other stuff too. Search through the global menus and you might find a sollution.
I have searched extensively and it does indeed appear that the function was removed from the AX8.

Ok, I see.

The amp x/y thing still works as a charm in 8.02, but is of course not quite what you're aiming for. I think of the x/y switch as a traditionally channel switch, as it leaves everything else in the preset unchanged.

Yep, unfortunately I have more to change than just the X/Y state of my amp.

I could possibly make it work with scenes, but that feature is once again not supported. I've added it as a wish, fingers are crossed that it'll become a reality.

Yep, unfortunately I have more to change than just the X/Y state of my amp.

I could possibly make it work with scenes, but that feature is once again not supported. I've added it as a wish, fingers are crossed that it'll become a reality.
Meanwhile, you could assign an onboard footswitch to Scene 1/2, and assign your external footswitch to some other function.

Respectfully Rex, that's not at all what I want to achieve though. I play in a touring band and my needs don't change in a live scenario.

I just want my Axe 8 safe and to the side whilst myself/my singer/members of the crowd get rowdy up at the front of the stage. The ability to swap between my main two presets via a small, unobtrusive and cheaply replaced button would be invaluable to me.

I used up to four of these with my Axe-Fx/MFC. The programming was in the MFC and you could do a bunch of stuff. I just got an AX8 and am thinking I might use a pair of these switches but have not looked into it. I think you should be able to do what you want, though.

Wildwind the ability to change presets seems to have been removed from pedal inputs sadly.

Sorry to hear that. All I was doing was adding FX or volume up/down in the Axe-Fx. But maybe there's a way that someone will bring to bear soon.

I just want my Axe 8 safe and to the side whilst myself/my singer/members of the crowd get rowdy up at the front of the stage. The ability to swap between my main two presets via a small, unobtrusive and cheaply replaced button would be invaluable to me.
Okay, I get it now. +1 on your feature request.

Meanwhile, if you convert to scenes, you could use two footswitches assinged to SCENE INC and SCENE DEC.

Back
Top Bottom