Using Banks - request for verification - yes or no is sufficient!

skydog

Experienced
Ok, please be kind. I’ve read through the manual twice. I believe I know the answer to this question, but I want to verify before I stuff-up and turn down the the wrong path in the dark cave...

The bank examples in the manual all show incremental presets. However, after reading the manual (did I mention twice?) and the bank section (about 16 times) I'm thinking that I can assign buttons in each bank to any random preset. It looks like this could be an option on page 21. For example:

Bank, Switch, Preset
1, 8, 50
1, 9, 107
1, 10, 23
1, 11, 13

Again, this is just to verify or discount my understanding, before I start turning knobs.

And the verdict is...?

What you described is Preset Select By Number.

A bank is by definition sequential group of presets. A bank in FC terms is based on the Bank Size setting.

If your bank size is 5, then banks will be presets 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc.

If your bank size is 10, then your banks will be presets 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc.

Hope that helps?

Ok, please be kind. I’ve read through the manual twice. I believe I know the answer to this question, but I want to verify before I stuff-up and turn down the the wrong path in the dark cave...

The bank examples in the manual all show incremental presets. However, after reading the manual (did I mention twice?) and the bank section (about 16 times) I'm thinking that I can assign buttons in each bank to any random preset. It looks like this could be an option on page 21. For example:

Bank, Switch, Preset
1, 8, 50
1, 9, 107
1, 10, 23
1, 11, 13

Again, this is just to verify or discount my understanding, before I start turning knobs.

And the verdict is...?
What does “bank” mean to you? Just seeking clarification for understanding.

Thanks guys. According to the manual, "a bank on the FC Controller is quite different than the bank you might encounter on the Axe-FX III." I was thinking, that "bank" meant a collection presets assigned to switches. I am asking, if the presets within banks are a mirror image of the presets on the III, or if they can be randomly grouped into a sets called "banks". I was thinking that maybe I could create customized "banks" for a performance, without rearranging presets on my III. However, there is another line that says, "On the FC, a Bank is simply a subdivision of the total number of presets." That implies that it only references the sequential presets on the III. Perhaps I simply want to create custom Layout and program switches 8-11 to specific presets that I use for specific song styles, with scene switches below. Does this help explain?

ps. Now you know why I didn't want a MIDI board, and insisted on waiting for the FC12. My favourite amps have four knobs or less. My favourite pedals have three or less. And I replaced all the goddam rotary switches on the PRS guitars with 3-way switches.

On the FC, a Bank is simply a subdivision of the total number of presets." That implies that it only references the sequential presets on the III. Perhaps I simply want to create custom Layout and program switches 8-11 to specific presets that I use for specific song styles, with scene switches below. Does this help explain?
These were answered in my first reply:
A bank is by definition sequential group of presets.
You can have a custom layout that selects specific presets:
What you described is Preset Select By Number.

Thanks unix-guy. I’ll give it a go. And yes, I was responding to both you and Chris.

That’s funny iaresee. I swear, I could never figure out where I was live, except for 1 and 5, lol. I took my McCarty, kept the three-way, and removed the push/pull tone. I just installed Peacock pickups, and the guitar is great! But most important, only two knobs!

Attachments

• FF05E30D-3F9A-405F-AB64-68B1A7BC6E99.jpeg
    FF05E30D-3F9A-405F-AB64-68B1A7BC6E99.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 9
So Chris, if my note made sense, then cool. unix-guy, I’ll try what you suggest. It have to stare at everything for hours, lol. I am not a programmer, which is a bold statement to a guy named unix-guy.

So Chris, if my note made sense, then cool. unix-guy, I’ll try what you suggest. It have to stare at everything for hours, lol. I am not a programmer, which is a bold statement to a guy named unix-guy.
A Bank on the FC is just a “group” of sequential Axe3 Presets. Bank Size setting determines how big the group is. Default is 10. So an FC Bank isn’t some customizable order and collection of presets of your choosing.

Back
Top Bottom