Using Axess Electronics FX-1 ?

Justmc

Inspired
Hello All,

I'm quite impressed with my Axe-Fx Standard . I have not tried programming any midi controllers to yet, but would like to start.

I have an Axess electronics FX-1 that I love. I had it controlling my previous midi rig that I just dismantled for my new rig :mrgreen:

Has anyone had success with this floorboard. I see a lot of users using the Behringer stuff. I know it is a lot cheaper...is that the only reason . I just don't want to spend a lot of time programming it if there are some bugs I should be aware of..

Thanks in advance..

Justmc said:
Hello All,

I'm quite impressed with my Axe-Fx Standard . I have not tried programming any midi controllers to yet, but would like to start.

I have an Axess electronics FX-1 that I love. I had it controlling my previous midi rig that I just dismantled for my new rig :mrgreen:

Has anyone had success with this floorboard. I see a lot of users using the Behringer stuff. I know it is a lot cheaper...is that the only reason . I just don't want to spend a lot of time programming it if there are some bugs I should be aware of..

Thanks in advance..

I use the FX-1 and it works really well with the Axe-FX. I have 4 Mission Engineering expression pedals plugged into the FX-1 that control wah, output volume and the other two I assign to different presets to control things like tremolo speed, delay repeats, reverb mix, etc.

I also have the expander for the FX-1. I spend time mapping all the effects to all the IA switches.

I've been able to setup tap tempo. I've been able to setup tuner. That turns on the Axe-FX tuner you won't get tuner display on the FX-1. I've got presets setup on the FX-1 one to access and control the ones on the Axe-FX.

Yeah it works really well.

I used this a while back. I had a special rack interface for the XLR > Midi 7 pin conversion (powered). Worked great but lacked support and as you may know now has NO support. Sold the FX-1 and went Liquid Foot. Sold Liquid foot and I am on the waiting list for the MFC-101.

The FX-1 with the expansion board is what Dweezil Zappa uses to command all his rig (TWO Axe-Ultra, and loads of other things).
He seems very happy with it !
And if the MFC 101 was not so close to be released (hopefully), this would certainly be my choice (but Axess is out of business now)
:twisted:

But if you already have the FX-1 and don't want to spend more money you can use it and use it without issue. I am not sure what is happening with LiquidFoot but there does appear to be support issues so I wouldn't go that way. The only other boards that have MORE functionality (i.e., tuner display and other items) are the Gordius which has wonderful support and the MFC-101 which has yet to see the light of day.

In my case I would only look to trade up if/when the MFC-101 and its rumored expansion board are available. I would like to have the multi-colored LEDs that let me know which effects are on a patch and their state. The FX-1 just shows on or off even if a particular effect (IA) isn't in the current preset. Plus the MFC-101 has the tuner display.

So if you are not inclined to spend more money the FX-1 will be very serviceable. If you are looking to spend more money there are a variety of options and differing levels of functionality.

Wow... this is an active forum... 2 replies in 10 minutes :shock:

Well , as been said ...no support . That is a bummer since I have a lot of their equipment and have spent many an hour on the phone with Mario discussing his fine products .I heard speculation that he might be collaborating with another company, so all might not be dead . I also have his MFC-5 midi controller but stepped up to the FX-1 some time ago .

Thanks for the feed back ... I will work on it over the weekend . Also will be using an Ernie ball Jr. as an expression pedal hopefully via the FX-1 . I really like his software with 2 way midi communication .

Thanks again...

love my fx1 and expander.. thing is a tank. easy to setup with the fx1 editor. just need to go assign your ccs in the axe, then tell the buttons what to do on the fx1.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if I'm using the most up to date firmware and editor software for my FX-1 . Obviously since the Axess site is down I can't check . Could someone post what versions they are using so that I can compare to mine...

Thanks

Justmc said:
Hi guys,

I was wondering if I'm using the most up to date firmware and editor software for my FX-1 . Obviously since the Axess site is down I can't check . Could someone post what versions they are using so that I can compare to mine...

Thanks

I think it ended at 1.16

I'm using version 1.14

If anyone has 1.16 and can send it to I would really appreciate it :D

I'm also using version 1.02 of the editor. If someone has a newer version of this also it would be great..

TIA

Justmc said:
I'm using version 1.14

If anyone has 1.16 and can send it to I would really appreciate it :D

I'm also using version 1.02 of the editor. If someone has a newer version of this also it would be great..

TIA

I've got it. Just PM me with your e-mail address and I can send it.

Back
Top Bottom