Using AxeFX Opening for Nonpoint and Hinder!

pjrake

Inspired
Last night was the first time me and my other guitarist went direct with our AxeFX, and we chose to debut it opening for Nonpoint and Hinder! What were we thinking LOL

The crew were actually really cool, but wanted to use my DI box instead of just using the line out. My other guitarist didn't have a DI box so he went with an XLR out. I'll ask him later what the soundguy said to him.

Afterwards, we asked the soundguy what he thought, and he basically said it didn't matter either way (micing amps or going direct). The only benefit he saw was less stage volume. The rig that Nonpoint and Hinder had were huge!!!

Overall it was a fun show and had a great time playing using the Axe. I still have to get used to not having my sound coming from the backline (was using monitor wedges), but this is definitely the way to go!

20130303165446.jpg

20130303161804.jpg

That's my humble rig. Went from a full amp/rack with 412 cabs to this!

That's my other guitarist. He's using a Matrix GT800FX with a 212 Orange cab as his monitoring onstage.

I am getting to ready to do a lot of shows as well, one of them is opening for Moon Taxi. After reading all of the horror stories about terrible sound guys, this does make me feel better. I guess the best thing one can do is to show up early and befriend (with beer/cookies) the sound guy.

Is there really much difference in running into a DI versus line out/XLR though? Seems like potato patato to me.

you guys sound great ..

What are your influences .I hear a lil Evanescence I think Lacuna coil

Definitely hear a little bit of Evanescence in there and some Alter Bridge and Lacuna Coil.
You guys sound really good man.

We definitely get that alot! Thanks the compliments \m/ \m/

I am getting to ready to do a lot of shows as well, one of them is opening for Moon Taxi. After reading all of the horror stories about terrible sound guys, this does make me feel better. I guess the best thing one can do is to show up early and befriend (with beer/cookies) the sound guy.

Is there really much difference in running into a DI versus line out/XLR though? Seems like potato patato to me.

In the end I really couldn't tell much of a difference. If it makes the soundguy happy and his job easier, I'm cool running it either way. I'm sure I'll run into soundguys who know about the Axe and have ran it before. In those cases, I can give him an XLR out feed.

We definitely get that alot! Thanks the compliments \m/ \m/

In the end I really couldn't tell much of a difference. If it makes the soundguy happy and his job easier, I'm cool running it either way. I'm sure I'll run into soundguys who know about the Axe and have ran it before. In those cases, I can give him an XLR out feed.
You're welcome man.
Would love to see some HD videos by you guys :)

Back
Top Bottom