Using AxeFx II as effects processor for Maschine (MK3)

neonicecream

Hi all,

Been researching this a bit and have found bits of useful info but am still searching for a direct answer. My main recording setup uses Maschine MK3, AxeFx II, and my sound card is an SPL Crimson (running a PC with Windows 10). I have a few outboard pedals that often times I will run my guitar through, directly into the instrument input of the AxeFx for when I want an interesting sound (mostly for delay and reverb pedals I have).

I recently ordered a Light Pedal by Gamechanger Audio and am looking forward to using this for creative effects with...well just about anything. I really want to find a way to be able to use this pedal to manipulate audio that is generated by the Maschine software (drum kits, synths, and the like). My friend had recommended that a Reamp Pedal (such as by Radial) would allow me to do such a thing by creating an external pedal loop, but not trying to spend another $200ish for just this if I don't have to. I am wondering if it is possible to create an external pedal loop using the AxeFx, and then running or routing Maschine through the AxeFx so that it can utilize these external pedals. Is this possible? Thanks!

Use the FXloop block... Assuming your audio from Maschine is already going thru the Axe Fx.

You can connect your external pedal(s) via Input 2 and Output 2.

Hi Unix - thanks for your response. I will definitely try the pedals going through the input 2 and output 2.

The audio from Maschine is currently not going through AxeFx - I think that's the part I'm confused about.

My AxeFx is running through my Crimson soundcard. When I run Maschine, I use it via USB, which also is taken over by the Crimson I believe.

I can get AxeFx signal to show up in Maschine by changing the inputs to reflect the proper channels, but so far can't figure out the way to get Maschine sounds (running as plugins) to get routed through the AxeFx. Not sure if this could be done within the Maschine software, or if this something I'd have to configure through the DAW (Cubase 8.5). Once I figure out how to route the sound from Maschine, my hope is that by running the FXloop I could then use the outboard pedals.

Back
Top Bottom