Using AxeFx for online classes

lucbl3

Great people from the forum. I'll be starting to use my AxeFx, together with 2 cameras to start giving online guitar classes. Everything is set up, including the microphone, guitar (which are both running through my Axefx).
I'd like, though, to be able to use a function somewhat like a compressor sidechain, where my microphone volume would drop whenever i played guitar, but in this case i want the microphone to be completely mute (so you cant hear the noise from the unplugged guitar).
Is that even possible?

Thanks in advance!

i use a separate digital mixer to do exactly that.

how exactly do you have your mic input in the Axe? what input are you using and what is happening in the Layout?

i use a separate digital mixer to do exactly that.

how exactly do you have your mic input in the Axe? what input are you using and what is happening in the Layout?

Unfortunately i'm using a very cheap, small Behringer Mixer, just for the mic Pre. My mic input is on Input 2 L, so i'm using the FX Loop. My guitar is regularly connected on the front input. I'll attach a picture to make things easier.

EDIT: The second amp, in front of my FX Loop is just a Tube Pre, to make my voice sound a little less worse!! :D

Attachments

• aula sjype.jpg
    aula sjype.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 23
If you have an expression pedal, then you could attach it to a volume block and just roll it back whenever you're playing.

If you have an expression pedal, then you could attach it to a volume block and just roll it back whenever you're playing.

Well. i have a FCB1010 around here. I'll be using it, if there's no other way of doing what i want. Thanks for the tip!

Guys i found a (rather complicated) way. I've attached a modifier to a Volume Block, after my FX Loop. I've set the modifier to Envelope but increased the Min to 10 and the Max to 0, so it works just like i want. I've adjusted the envelope Controller to my taste and voilá. Everything works like a charm! Thanks for the tips. Maybe this will help someone in the future!

Guys i found a (rather complicated) way. I've attached a modifier to a Volume Block, after my FX Loop. I've set the modifier to Envelope but increased the Min to 10 and the Max to 0, so it works just like i want. I've adjusted the envelope Controller to my taste and voilá. Everything works like a charm! Thanks for the tips. Maybe this will help someone in the future!

Yeah that's the same principle a gate works on.

Back
Top Bottom