Using Axe3 outputs as 2 separate mono output channels rather than as a stereo or summed mono output

bukman

Is it possible to split say output 3 and run one Axe3 FX chain out of the left side of output 3 and another completely different FX chain out of the right side of output 3 with different source signals?

Do I assume I would need to feed both FX chains into the Out 3 block and pan one of the FX chains hard left and the other FX chain hard panned right and keep Output 3 as a stereo output to achieve this?

Just a bit confused whether this is even possible.

Can this be done with the inputs as well?

Can also do this directly in the Output block itself - unless I'm missing some benefits of doing it via a mixer block?

I do this to essentially run two effects loops in parallel. So in my case, Output 4 left feeds a Microcosm pedal and Output 4 right goes to Loupe looper. For returns, I send the Microcosms stereo output to Input 4 set to stereo and the Loupe goes into Input 3 set to Sum L+R. That way I can still insert yet another effect (e.g. something feeding off of Output 3) and bringing it back in parallel. No mixer block needed in any of these routings.

Being able to make the split before the end of the chain if you want to bypass certain blocks.
This doesn't really make sense because the split would be where the separate chains begin. Or if two input blocks are used, there's no split point.

A mixer block just before the output block is redundant as you can just balance the rows L/R in the output block, as ly25 mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom