Using Axe Fx

jscriven

Hey, Can the axe fx2 be used right out of the box? Does it require a power amp, or can it just be connected to a guitar cab and used?

Yah head phones. Otherwise you need some type of power going to a speaker. Or you can line into a pa head or mixer.

You would want to turn off the amp and cabinet blocks when running into the front end of a guitar amp. Some people use the
4 cable method when using a traditional amp with an effects loop in the amp. Usually having overdirve fx before the preamp and
time delay fx after the preamp.

It is not entirly true that " It requires an amp to be hooked to a non self powered cabinet."
The axe fx is a Pre Amp so you will just need a power amp that can be , powered computer monitors , headphones , power amp ( solid state or tube ) and speaker cabs. Powered monitors ie EV ZLX , Atomic CLR , Xitone etc etc ...
when I first got my axe I just plugged headphones into the headphone jack and was rocking out in seconds , then hooked up USB to compter and powered monitors and I was jammin to YouTube videos in minutes , happy as a Clam in Mud !!!

All of the amp modeling is available when using a different head (triple rec, orange, etc.), or does it effectively only become an effects processor?

I believe he was referring to a power amp to power the cabinet, not a "regular" amp per say. But yes, if your going into the front of an amp you'd want to nix the amp modeling.

I believe he was referring to a power amp to power the cabinet, not a "regular" amp per say. But yes, if your going into the front of an amp you'd want to nix the amp modeling.

Nix amp modeling as in I won't be able to utilize the amp models on the axe fx? Does the head I'm using somehow prevent me from using the amp models in the axe fx? Or are you referring to a setting that would just bypass?

you can still use the amp modeling, but going into the instrument input of any high gain amp will change the tone dramatically as the Real Amp's preamp will shape the tone. best to run it into the effects loop return if it has one.

cleaner amps like a Fender Twin or similar can get away with plugging straight into the instrument input, but that's still a compromised sound.

i'm live streaming on my site and trying out all the Factory presets. come check it out

AxeFxTutorials Chat | AxeFxTutorials.com

Back
Top Bottom