Using Axe Fx with an audio interface.

rich2k4

Inspired
I know the Axe can be used as its own audio interface, but I believe I will need a separate interface for recording with my midi keyboard and having my monitors plugged into the interface.

Here is what I want to accomplish:

1. I want to have my monitors plugged in to a separate audio interface. Along with a midi keyboard.

2. I only want to turn on the axe fx and use it when recording guitar parts, but still want to have it plugged in via USB.

3. I still want to monitor the axe fx through the monitors.

Is it possible in the DAW to set the Axe FX usb as Input and the interface USB as output, so that I can monitor the axe fx through monitors that are plugged into a separate interface?

If not, am I forced to plug the axe fx output into the interface input, or use SPDIF?

I'm on mac, and it's connected exactly like you wrote, and works brilliantly.
I never use software monitoring for the guitar, it's perfect this way, no latency at all

I have it set up this way:

Axe output 1 L and R going direct to my interface, monitors into the interface, Axe USB direct to PC. Keyboard USB direct to PC, and interface USB direct to PC.

There might be a more efficient way of doing this and it is annoying that this method takes up 3 USB ports (comp only has 4), but it works for me. No issues with latency or anything.

I have it set up this way:

Axe output 1 L and R going direct to my interface, monitors into the interface, Axe USB direct to PC. Keyboard USB direct to PC, and interface USB direct to PC.

There might be a more efficient way of doing this and it is annoying that this method takes up 3 USB ports (comp only has 4), but it works for me. No issues with latency or anything.

This is how I'm running my setup too. I don't know how it works or why it's working but it works. If I need to record my axe fix I jut change it from focusrite to axe fix in the reaper preferences

Back
Top Bottom