Using Axe FX while Poweramp is switched off

LunarLionheart

Hey guys, this is just a safety check tbh, but I found it was a pretty specific question to Google.

In a scenario where I may have two outputs coming out of my Axe FX (for example, one to monitors and one to a poweramp), instead of messing about with cabling if I'm working at home, would it damage the poweramp at all if there was a signal coming from the Axe output into the poweramp while the poweramp is switched off - maybe in a case where I just want to use my monitors - or even vice versa?

Appreciate it in advance guys, I'm just curious!

Using a Matrix GT1000FX.

AxeFX produces line-level output. So, no worries, you cannot possibly hurt anything with this amount of current. What you are describing is perfectly normal scenario.

AxeFX produces line-level output. So, no worries, you cannot possibly hurt anything with this amount of current. What you are describing is perfectly normal scenario.
I appreciate the quick reply!
I figured it was safe enough, I just wanted to make doubly sure - Thank you so much!

Yep as said above, no problem doing that. No problem running the poweramp not plugged into a load (cab) either if you ever need to.

Yep as said above, no problem doing that. No problem running the poweramp not plugged into a load (cab) either if you ever need to.
I don’t use Matrix gear, but while that may be true for that specific amp, that is not the case in general for most power amps. Just a heads up.

Back
Top Bottom