Using Axe-Fx II as a MIDI Controller for Eventide H9

t_bob76

Morning All

I have had my Axe Fx ii for a few months now but due to music school time commitments exams/ensemble/practice, practice, practice etc etc I haven't had the time to sit for a month and work may way through the manual end to end to get intimate with operations of the unit. However I am coming to the end of my exams and will have the time to do just that in the next few weeks.

I was hoping the forum could answer a quick question for me. I have a Eventide H9 pedal which I love and am running in the effects loop. At the moment I am using the pedal on the floor and turning it on off, changing tempo and presets manually as part of my external pedal board. My question is can I use the Axe Fx / MFC101 as a midi controller to change presets, tempo etc on the pedal so I can stash it away in my rack and effectively use it as an effects block in my signal chain?

I am happy to go away interrogate the manuals for the Axe/MFC etc on how to make the above happen but was hoping someone could tell me if this was possible first before burning hours/days only to run into a dead end and not being able to use the Axe/MFC as a midi controller for an external pedal.

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Well, the MFC can send midi and that can go "thru" the Axe Fx to the H9.

Connect the MFC to the Axe Fx. Then connect midi Thru from Axe Fx to midi IN of the H9.

The rest will involve midi programming...

Well I have an AX8 and I think the axefx2 is the same. It doesn’t send MIDI tempo clock, so you need to send tap tempo from the H9.

Well I have an AX8 and I think the axefx2 is the same. It doesn’t send MIDI tempo clock, so you need to send tap tempo from the H9.
If you know the CC for tempo on the H9, you can program the MFC to send that along with Axe Fx CC since each button can send 2 streams.

Back
Top Bottom