Using Axe-Fx for vocals. Having problems so far.

jerotas

Experienced
compressor is great, expander is great. I like the sound of the reverb, but when I play it back in the mix with all the other instruments, the reverb is basically barely audible (and it's fairly wet). I'm not using any delay.

Now when I had my G-Force (and even the G-Major), I made the reverb very sparkly with lots of high color and it always came through in the mix just fine. I'm still not sure if I like the G-Force reverb better or not. Does anyone have tips on how to make the reverb so that you can hear it a little more in the mix without making it muddy? This is for a melodic heavy metal song, similar to older Symphony X. If I turn up the mix % on the reverb block over 20% it starts to sound muddy.

My signal path is compressor -> very light chorus -> Reverb -> slight Enhancer -> slight EQ for high end boost.

Try increasing the frequency on the built in hi-cut filter on the reverb, or setting mix to 100% and run it through an eq using level to control the mix before summing it back with the dry signal. Maybe increasing the lo-cut filter frequency would help as well?

Back
Top Bottom