Using Axe-Fx / FM3 with multiple computers

Cowmilker5

Greetings,

I recently picked up an FM3, also have an Axe III. I spent a few evenings going through a lot of the FM3 presets, and marked the ones I liked with a color filter. Came back a couple days later, and all the filters were gone, after cursing, and being pissed off for a couple minutes I realized I was using a different computer. Connected FM3 to the machine I did the work on, and the filters were all there, whew!

Question is can I work on the FM3/Axe with multiple machines, and have them sync up by manually doing something? Do the filters/favorites/templates, live on the Fm3/Axe, or in the edit software? I typically may connect to a large desktop, a bigger laptop, or a small laptop when traveling.

Thanks

The stored files for Axe Edit are in two different places in Windows.

The Block and Preset libraries are stored in your documents folder (C:\Users\username\Documents\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit III)
The rest of your color settings and other Axe Edit settings are stored in your appdata\Roaming folder (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit III). FM3 edit should have its own folders in those locations too. Copy those over to the other computer and you should be good to go.

Thanks Mr. Fender, I found the files, I'll give it a go.

So by running >Settings>Preferences: Refresh, that will update the blocks & presets to the current computer, but for the other filters it must be done manually?

Thanks

I have a Dropbox account that i store, among other things, my Axe FX and FM3 files. Just change the location of your folders in Axe Edit settings to your local cloud folders on all your computers, then all your saved blocks, presets and templates will sync automatically between your computers.
Dropbox, Google Drive, an shared drive on a network or a thumb drive will all work.

Ok, not to be totally stupid, but where do I change the file directory settings?

I can only find in Axe Edit, under Settings>Preferences: Workspace, this directory: /Users/Cowmilker5/Documents/Fractal Audio/FM3-Edit/

But the filter files live in a different directory: /Users/Cowmilker5/Library/Application Support/ Fractal Audio/FM3-Edit/color-assignments_iii.dat

Ok, not to be totally stupid, but where do I change the file directory settings?

I can only find in Axe Edit, under Settings>Preferences: Workspace, this directory: /Users/Cowmilker5/Documents/Fractal Audio/FM3-Edit/

But the filter files live in a different directory: /Users/Cowmilker5/Library/Application Support/ Fractal Audio/FM3-Edit/color-assignments_iii.dat
I don't use filters myself so I was not aware of that. Only thing I can think of is copy/paste the file across all your computers.

Back
Top Bottom