Using Axe-Fx 3 w/ another Interface

Technically, yeah. This setup works for me though as I can use all of the other inputs of my interface without changing around my audio device settings. Gives me a bit more flexibility as the AxeFX is just another piece of my studio rather than the central interface (for example, I can jam on a guitar plugin without powering up the Axe if I want).
Understood. So you're running SPDIF to and from the interface? Does that allow re-amping? Currently I'm only running SPDIF from the axe to the interface but nothing back from the interface to the axe.

Yeah, here's a pic of my I/O setup:

gTJrYxF.jpg

On my interface, I route Input 3 (where my Type85 DI is plugged into) directly to SPDIF out:

TeyZRXf.png

This lets me record DI from Input 3, at the same time that audio is directly routed to SPDIF Out, and then it comes back from the AxeFX on SPDIF In. Then in my DAW, I add a DI track from Input 3, and a Processed Track from SPDIF In. Later if I want to re-amp, I send the output of my DI track to SPDIF Out and everything's already set up. There's honestly very little (if any) latency in the whole process.

I finally gave up on the Aggregate Interface. It was only quasi-evil, but that was evil enough. :)

I am using the Axe with the Scarlett set up for stand-alone and running Outs 1 and 2 to the Axe Input 2L and 2R, to hopefully get the audio where it needs to go. I will need to grab the audio from Input 2L and 2R when in the DAW, I guess.

Yeah, here's a pic of my I/O setup:

This lets me record DI from Input 3, at the same time that audio is directly routed to SPDIF Out, and then it comes back from the AxeFX on SPDIF In. Then in my DAW, I add a DI track from Input 3, and a Processed Track from SPDIF In. Later if I want to re-amp, I send the output of my DI track to SPDIF Out and everything's already set up. There's honestly very little (if any) latency in the whole process.

Using your setup, would I plug my my Ibanez electric guitar directly into the front of the Scarlett? I tried it but I hear no sound. How do I fix that?

Using your setup, would I plug my my Ibanez electric guitar directly into the front of the Scarlett? I tried it but I hear no sound. How do I fix that?

Yeah, that's the idea. You need to make sure you have the input set to "instrument" mode, and that you're getting signal from it. On my 18i20 3rd gen there's a small toggle button under channels 1 and 2 that says "inst", which turns the input into DI mode.

Back
Top Bottom